LegacyGT.com

Stance coilovers VS BC racing??

duckJAI

I've driven on Stance coilovers in 2 of my 240sx drift cars that were tracked very hard and loved them. As this was my first coilover (2yrs ago), I wasn't sure what was good and what was bad.

Then I drove on some Megans on the same chassis and I could instantly feel that the rebound was like night and day from Stance to Megan.

Now with BC racing becoming very popular, anyone have comparison reviews from sitting in other friends vehicles if they were equipped with either Stance or BC racing?

Rebound is very important as it gives a stiff or bouncy feel to the coilover. Megans were bouncy, Stance were stiff/firm.

Let's compare apples with apples, so let's say BC racing BR version vs Stance GR + plus. If anyone has review comparisons on the inverted BC, even better!

I need to get some coilovers on my LGT, and can't find any good comparison reviews with Stance VS BC racing.

Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've driven on Tein, Zeal, MR, and Endura-Tech (in a Legacy chassis).

By far my favorite was the Endura-Tech's. The Zeals were top notch, but simply too expensive.

The best way I could describe the Endura-Tech's is "Firm, but controlled." Like an E46 M3.

I have a set of Endura-Tech's in my garage for my Outback.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I definitely back up Stance as I've owned them on my s14 and s13. I just wanted to hear it from different chassis owners like the LGT since coilovers for different vehicles may perform differently if R&D isn't done right.

Bring on the reviews!

Big review of BCs on nasioc, but seems like they are bouncy. No one really chimming in on a comparison review.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1085379&page=56

well i was going to ask this forum there opinion on stance and you have. i will be buying these also. when i get back to states and get my car out of storage.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Stance Build Quality>BC Build Quality

only downside of stance is there is no location to mount brake and abs lines, but hey thats what zipties are for anyway.

How can you confirm the build quality is better?

Import Image swears by BC and their quality and their damper size is 53mm, which is larger than stance.

Not that I doubt stance at all, just curious in why you would openly say that.

How can you confirm the build quality is better?

Import Image swears by BC and their quality and their damper size is 53mm, which is larger than stance.

Not that I doubt stance at all, just curious in why you would openly say that.

Inverted Monotube> BC unless you getting the Inverted BC's which i dont think are the ones being compared here.

Plus put them up side by side and see for yourself.

^^ What's wrong with asking the same question, but on a forum that specifies on the car that I have, 05' Legacy 2.5GT? I didn't get much of an answer on nasioc, so I came and posted on here.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm asking for reviews on the above coilovers, not bashing anything or anyone.

I have had the BCs (not inverted) for about 2 years and I love them, I think they are great street coilover. They are quiet, work really and have worked perfectly from day 1. I think the quality is top notch considering the price..

I never rode on the Stance..so I cannot comment.

^^ What's wrong with asking the same question, but on a forum that specifies on the car that I have, 05' Legacy 2.5GT? I didn't get much of an answer on nasioc, so I came and posted on here.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm asking for reviews on the above coilovers, not bashing anything or anyone.

+1

I do the same thing, word for word. Anyway, my $.02 would be Stance over BC and BC over Megan. Hell, stock over Megan even.:lol:

BC and Megan come out of the same factory.

So are GPC and Marlboro but Marlboro is much better quality...same with BC. You don't hear of BC exploding like Megans.

Rehab is for quitters.

Evey coilover has its purpose. Whatever suits you needs the best should be the one you choose. I happened to get a great deal on my stances and they are a little more then I need,(Occasional competitive use of the LGT) but they are still great for street driving.

Honeslty if I didnt come across the set of stances I would have gotten BC's!

OBV you dont need a set of Motons or JRZ's for street use but no one is stopping you from doing that, its just un-nessecary.

• 2 weeks later...
I am still on the fence....Josh is a stand up guy and he swears by the BC's and has whatever spring rates in stock.....I have read some great reviews on the Stance's but getting custom spring rates can take a long time. Bonus on Stance is that they are actually made in Japan.

Just ordered my Stance GR+ today from THmotorsports.com I got a pretty killer deal of $1050 shipped. Call and ask for Adam. I'll post my thoughts after i get them installed (maybe this weekend).

I look forward to your review.

Make sure you put a bit of preload, no more than 1/4 inch.

^^ Are you sure? I was pretty sure they are tawainese coilovers.

The Vendors I talked to said they were made in Japan? Maybe someone that owns a set of Stance's can chime in to see if it is printed on the box or CO somewhere?

I have BC's on my car for about a year now, they were hands down the best upgrade on my car over power or sways. I would push anyone to grab these, plus Josh from ImportImage is a great guy to deal with. For the price you pay and what you get, the BC's are great quality. Ive driven them through a NY winter on rough roads, upstate NY. I have ZERO complaints. BC FTW.

Archived