LegacyGT.com

New tires too LOUD - anything to help?

lyncha00

Maybe its just me but my new Eagle F1 all seasons seem to have excessive road noise. I have an 06 OBXT with 18" Tarmac IIIs and 245/45/18s. I used to have Falken 452s (same size) which seemed quieter. Anyone else running F1 all seasons? The only other suspension mod I have is the front camber kit, camber set at zero. Tire pressure is 32 psi all around.

How many miles on them? Maybe putting some more miles on them will quiet them down some.

Doubtful, from what I've read on tirerack they only get worse. I have them (stock size) and they are really loud. The previous owner didn't rotate them often enough, and they are worn on the inside shoulder. It's a shame they are so loud as the grip is good and they still have a good amount of tread left.

I went to a local tire shop that has a Hunter Road Force tire balancer and they said a balance check wouldn't help. They did a free rotation, can't complain about that.

One thing that did help a little is to add more air, I'm at 40F/ 38R.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

mine are loud as shit too! sometimes it almost makes me think that my diffs are going!! I dont know of any solution except for maybe replacing them or over filling them like as posted in the above post.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

I drive on mostly blacktop with some concrete, the noise is bad on both but worse on blacktop and when decelerating. I will try more air pressure and rotating more often. Shame because the tires are the best I've had on both dry road and snow.

• 10 months later...

i just switched to 18's and the road noise is not bad until i brake around 30km that speed makes the brakes sound like they are coming apart.

other than that no vibrations and road noise is not terrible otherwise.

just something i need to live with or would a new balance help?

i bought the set-up used bbs rgr black diamond rims and falcon tires 10,000 miles on them.

sound defiantly is coming from the front

i just switched to 18's and the road noise is not bad until i brake around 30km that speed makes the brakes sound like they are coming apart.

other than that no vibrations and road noise is not terrible otherwise.

just something i need to live with or would a new balance help?

i bought the set-up used bbs rgr black diamond rims and falcon tires 10,000 miles on them.

sound defiantly is coming from the front

There's a "silent recall" on these tires. Call Goodyear. You'll get new tires. I had mine replaced at almost 20K due to noise. The tires suck.

Dynamatting can help a little bit with road noise. There's a how to section somewhere in the interior mods forum. One of my friends did that with his eclipse that's on 18s. Tires were still loud, but the dynamat definitely helped cut some of it. If its worth the $100-150 to you, I would do that.
It's cool; I'm with the band

yeah sounds like a lessoned learned, i was looking for new tires my self and definatly read all the reviews listed and was totaly supprised by how many people either had problems with being to loud or tires wareing to fast. I personally dont think there is anything you can do, sells them or get used to it? sorry no other ideas

Archived