LegacyGT.com

Chrome Window Trim

italy12984

I want to replace the trim around the exterior of the wondow to my 2007 Legacy GT. I would like chrome around the window, like an audi or a bmw or even the honda accord for that matter. Any suggestions and where would i get it.

• 10 months later...

look into a company that does plastic chroming.

http://www.advancedplating.com/

someone like them.. you can ship the parts in, they chrome them, and then ship them back.

to be fair tho.. I think these pieces are rubber-ish and not plastic.. therefore may not be chromable in the traditional sense.. what you may have to go for is an adhesive backed foil or something similar that the folks around here use to chrome the B pillar of their chrysler 300s.

oh and :lol: at chrome window trim. seems tacky to me.. but to each his own.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

This post may only frustrate you but there is a man here in maryland who invented that spray chrome i believe someone mentioned before. He has a giant 18 wheeler sittin in his yard and its on Mt. Road (very popular/busy road) I see it every day he never washes this truck but the rims stay stainlessly chrome all year.

Ill see if i can get a hold of his product for ya, will require some investigating lol.

Black window trim is one of the things that sets the Leg out from the rest. Leave it be. It's not a premium accessory or anything. It's just shiny plastic!

The only chrome I have any love for is made of actual real metal and attached to some old muscle car or the like. There's no place for the "chrome" they throw all over cars today. Just garbage.

But in the end do what you like of course.

Archived