LegacyGT.com

Occasionally over heating?

So a little bit after the time I replaced my turbo amongst other things injectors, fuel pump and misc bolt on's I noticed that while my car idles it crosses that optimum temp threshold. I did lose some coolant when I replaced the turbo just never thought to top it off because it seemed little at the time. I also did notice that it's only when idle and has happened only a handful of times over a few months… As soon as I drive though it drops back to normal.

I'm thinking I need to burp the system as some enthusiasts point, out maybe a coolant flush would help?

Has anyone ran into a similar issue or know who has so I can begin my process of finding out whats wrong in the write direction?

Check for leaky hose clamps on that new turbo set-up. Check to make sure coolant is topped off. If no disappearing coolant and no leaky clamps, have a hydrocarbon test done on your coolant to see if head gaskets are failing.

It is more likely that loose hose clamps need tension. It usually happens from winter to summer on hoses with temp changes, let alone with having been into them for the turbo swap.

Hope it is simple!

I had a similar issue with mine. Found out my upper radiator hose was not sealing to the coolant neck of the motor do to some corrosion. It was letting coolant randomly leak and possibly letting air back in the system on cool down. So I did a flush, thermostat, cleaned the neck up and a set of nice mishimoto hoses to match my mishimoto radiator. All is well to this day. Hope you find the problem.

Archived