LegacyGT.com

Porter Cable 7424 Polisher

I just ordered the 7424XP polisher on Amazon. I picked up some Meguires foam pads along with the ultimate compound and polish. Hopefully this will provide some decent results as my car has tons of swirls and water spots. I'll post up some before and after shots for those who are interested.

^^. Awesome videos and guides on that site.

Do a search for "junkman2000" on YouTube. Bunch of videos showing how to effectively use the portercable. Not sure if you've done polishing before but just be warned it is very time consuming. The portercable is great that it is user friendly and tough to screw things up but it is very time consuming compared to a flex or buffer. Slow and steady gets the job done.

Make sure the polish is spread evenly on the pad before starting so you don't dry buff. Also clean the pad with a terry cloth after each section and don't go too heavy with the polish or the pad won't do it's job. Best of luck

The PC7424XP is a great machine to start with when you get serious about car care. I don't know how many times I've told people that the $50 "buffers" they find at AutoZone and Sears are absolute crap when it comes to actually repairing damage to your paint. You've got the right tool for the job for sure. The Meguiar's Ulimate products are awesome too. I think you'll like them. Get a bottle of the Ultimate Liquid Wax as well. It is actually a sealant, so don't let the word 'wax' fool you. It is an awesome product and will give your paint some awesome protection after you put all that work into making it pretty. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived