LegacyGT.com

Flywheel Bolts?

Hi there, I have an 05 LGT with 5 MT. I am trying to install a Competition Clutch 15026-2100 Stage 2 Street Series Clutch Kit. I pulled out the old clutch kit. I went to install the new lightweight flywheel and I don't have any bolts. I thought they were in the kit. What can i use? I am hoping to install tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

I came across the thread below, and I think this might be the same kit you have? If so, you might want to PM m sprank and ask him. It looks like he might have reused the old bolts, but I'm not sure, I've never replaced a clutch myself.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gb-competition-clutch-kits-w-lwfw-05-09-lgt-675-167134.html

*I just realized you were in the middle of the job, misread and thought you were going to do this in the next few days. Not sure if pm'ing will get you an answer quick enough.

No. But yes, My Spec DMFW used the OEM DMFW bolts but it was the first Spec LWFW sold. You can see the pictures in my click here link.

When I went to a SMFW, I used OEM bolts, yes I did have a OEM SMFW installed. I did not install it. I did not get the 8 new OEM bolts returned to me.

I'm not sure if the Spec LWFW still uses OEM DMFW bolts.

I'm sure all Aftermarket LWFW's can use OEM SMFW bolts.

There are enough members here with other then OEM FW's. I'm sure one of them can prove me wrong ?

I say that based on the assumption that most clutch companies design the FW based on the SMFW in WRX's... for these cars. I also believe only the 05-06 LGT's had DMFW's.

I could email my contact at Spec and ask them. I think I still have the email at home on my PC.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So the OEM bolts for the dual mass flywheel can be used even if your replacement is single mass?

Your in NJ, ask the guy's at wwwAZPinstalls.com email or PM them. Mike is normally good about getting back to you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Here's the reply from Spec Clutch,

"When you order our single-mass flywheel it includes crank-bolts. As for the ACT unit…I would suggest that the customer contact ACT. I have no info on their design specifications. "

So according to your source there should be 8 bolts with the kit? The Competition Clutch kit i got did not have those bolts. The stock bolts are not accessible as they are stuck in the cage of the DMFW.

Sorry if it feels like i am repeating everything, i just want to get the right bolts before i put it back in. Once it goes back in i don't plan on pulling it back out.

I still say go to the dealer and get 8 FW bolts for a 07-09 Legacy GT I'm sure ACT or who ever didn't design their own bolts for the FW. Think about it.

The stock bolts on the DMFW should be a Torx T50+. I believe their head is not large enough for a SMFW.

You can see pictures of them in my click here link. Post 146, May 19th 2012. That the Spec LWFW with new friction surface.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4784.jpg

Archived