LegacyGT.com

2015 Sti Swap

Hi Everyone,

I've been in the legacy game for a little while, and I'm midway through a vf52/6spd swap.

I have an interesting opportunity to buy a 0-mile engine, trans, drivetrain, suspension, dash, sensors, brakes etc etc out of a 2015 wrx sti.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to swap the rear subframe and suspension into a BP legacy chassis? I have a good grip on the rest of what needs to be done.

Check the service manuals for dimentions and where the pick up points are if you really want to swap the subframe.

You already have the 6 speed and stuff, why would you spend the money for things you already have ?

You do have the good 6 speed right ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's what I was affraid of...LOL

Yes it would be a good donor car.

How far is this guy from you ?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-wa-2005-legacy-gt-wagon-5mt-limited-208756.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think you would need the ecu as well or run standalone for the dual avcs vs single in the 05. Or swap the heads. The rest should be pretty straight forward. Would probably want to find some spec b 5x100 axles for the rear. For the front 5x114 you need to fish out the axle stubs from the 6 speed transmission to use your 5x100 LGT axles. Not sure on the Brembos going on the 5x100 hubs. I know the 04-07 gold ones bolt upfront no issue rear you need brackets and modified rotors or brake shoe drums to accommodate the 190mm sti parking drum.

Lots of cash and a shop! Suspension parts would not work. Different dimensions and rear trailing arms.

The ECU is a bit of an issue. That will take a bit more research too, as it won't be included in the purchase.

I'm curious to see how close the rear subframes are. If I can modify the mounting points without too much work, while keeping the fuel tank intact, I can install the entire unit. I'd ideally be running the 5x114.3 hubs all around, with all the new axles.

I agree... unless he's getting everything for 2 grand or less which I HIGHLY doubt lol

Unless FREE.

How is he going to get the ECU to work? There are so many problems with this it's not funny.

STI this, STI that is just a bunch of crap. Get the 6sp from the Spec B and go stage 3. More power then STI stock.

Looking like I'm going to pass on this. Thanks to those who chimed in! The complications around the can-bus system and dual AVCS (thanks for letting me know this was a thing) are too much, and I'm not in the mood to spend my summer wiring a car.

The advantages of the new 6-spd are much more than an extra gear and power capacity (especially for my intended autocross/track use) but without all the sensors and everything I need to make use of the DCCD it's not worth that much more to me than the 6-spd in my garage with its viscous type centre and suretrac front diff (which is better than the spec b's open front diff). The sti engine characteristics and potential are also night and day, but that's a whole different story.

Back to my original sleeper build I guess. :rolleyes:

Looking like I'm going to pass on this. Thanks to those who chimed in! The complications around the can-bus system and dual AVCS (thanks for letting me know this was a thing) are too much, and I'm not in the mood to spend my summer wiring a car.

The advantages of the new 6-spd are much more than an extra gear and power capacity (especially for my intended autocross/track use) but without all the sensors and everything I need to make use of the DCCD it's not worth that much more to me than the 6-spd in my garage with its viscous type centre and suretrac front diff (which is better than the spec b's open front diff). The sti engine characteristics and potential are also night and day, but that's a whole different story.

Back to my original sleeper build I guess. :rolleyes:

If you read this "Sticky" or need to reread it. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/6mt-master-swap-thread-107137.html

You know this is all you need the run your DCCD.

Spiider - http://www.dccdpro.com/ (Aftermarket DCCD controller)

Good luck with you 6MT swap.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Unless FREE.

How is he going to get the ECU to work? There are so many problems with this it's not funny.

STI this, STI that is just a bunch of crap. Get the 6sp from the Spec B and go stage 3. More power then STI stock.

I was thinking when he said the deal was hard to pass up that possibly he could just resell the whole swap and make a nice profit and use that money to go a proper direction for his vehicle...

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

If you read this "Sticky" or need to reread it. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/6mt-master-swap-thread-107137.html

You know this is all you need the run your DCCD.

Spiider - http://www.dccdpro.com/ (Aftermarket DCCD controller)

Good luck with you 6MT swap.

Thanks, I've been through that thread many times haha. My JDM 6spd is a non-dccd unit, so that whole complication is a non-issue for me.

With the 2015 unit I was hoping to have the "auto" mode functional to OEM standards, which would be a much larger task/not worth doing.

I was thinking when he said the deal was hard to pass up that possibly he could just resell the whole swap and make a nice profit and use that money to go a proper direction for his vehicle...

Yeah that was a thought. After looking into market value of those parts... it's just not quite worth storing them at the price I'd be paying. It's definitely not under 2G's lol

Archived