LegacyGT.com

Anyone else getting flashed?

I thought I saw a thread about this a while back but can't find it. I am a new Legacy GT owner with 800 miles. I love the car to death, and I love the powerful and clear headlights. However, I am CONSTANTLY getting flashed by other drivers, who think I have my high-beams on or something. I mean, I actually counted it the other night. I passed 18 cars on a two-lane road last night. 8 of them flashed me. Just for fun, I flashed them back to let them know I'm NOT using my brights, but it still concerns me. I don't want to be blinding other drivers. Are my lights aimed too high? Can they be adjusted? The light projection doesn't seem too high to me, seems perfect. But the euro-spec projection might be throwing dumb American drivers for a loop!

[quote name='Deer Killer']No. Are your lights in their eyes? Not very hard to tell with our cutoff pattern.[/QUOTE] Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I wouldn't be concerned, however, if it didn't happen when on a level road, but it still happens.

Well, there was this one time, a high-heeled gal wearing a trenchcoat ... :) Anyways, both times I've been on a two-lane highway at night, I got flashed. I did a quick high-low beam flash each time to let them know I had my low beams on. Both times, I was at a higher level on the road than the oncoming car. Try standing in front of your car (car not moving I hope) and look at the lights. At the right angle they can be very bright.

Yep, happens to me pretty regularly. However, I have to take some of the blame as I tried to align my headlights by sight when I first got the car because they were uneven. I'll take another crack at them when I install my springs over the Thanksgiving week, then get them aligned by the dealer for real the next time I take the car in.

[quote name='hal9e3']Yep, happens to me pretty regularly. However, I have to take some of the blame as I tried to align my headlights by sight when I first got the car because they were uneven. I'll take another crack at them when I install my springs over the Thanksgiving week, then get them aligned by the dealer for real the next time I take the car in.[/QUOTE] Not trying to imply that you or anyone didn't know this, but the standard factory headlight alignment has the right side a little higher than the left (on USDM cars, anyway). This may look 'uneven' to some, but it's intentional.

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]This thread talks about it[/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4773&highlight=alignment"][u][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4773&highlight=alignment[/color][/size][/font][/u][/url] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [size=3][font=Times New Roman]“[color=black]The lights make a ___________/------------------ pattern.” [/color][/font][/size]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Gumby']Are you getting step bars for the OB jedi? :lol: :D :p (sorry about the OT)[/QUOTE] No problem. Maybe I'll add some naked lady mudflaps and a push bar too :lol:

Happens to me as well. A few nights ago, I was driving our other car in front of my wife, who was driving the Outback. The lights from the Outback were blinding in my rear-view mirror, so bright in fact, that I was convinced that she had the brights on. However, I checked when we got home and she didn't. So the lights are either adjusted wrong (will have dealer check at next visit) or they are just extremely bright (more so than most of the HID cars I encounter on the road). The only time I've ever been that blinded by lights in my rearview mirror is when someone has their brights on behind me or someone in a monster pickup/suv pulls up behind me at a stop light.

In about the 4 months I have owned my lgt I have been flashed maybe 2-3 times total. Odd thing is, I was flashed more with my lgt, then I was with my JDM Projector lights on my WRX. Don't really care though, I love the way my lights are so they are staying that way :)

[quote name='kenzo']Not trying to imply that you or anyone didn't know this, but the standard factory headlight alignment has the right side a little higher than the left (on USDM cars, anyway). This may look 'uneven' to some, but it's intentional.[/QUOTE] As Johnny Carson would say, "I did not know that." I was actually trying to fix that when I made my first botched attempt at aligning them. They're still too high tho, so much so that the hi-beams don't make much difference in the overall light pattern.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='sduford']You may like having bright headlights, but if you are blinding oncoming traffic, you are effectively a public hazard.[/QUOTE] Oh Noes!!!1 I'm gonna go and tint my headlights right away!

Archived