LegacyGT.com

BOV opinions

Looking into buying an aftermarket BOV for my 05 LGT. Stuck on which one would be the best choice. What would be the most compatible with an AP-2? Also, I dont think a full atmospheric one would be a good choice either. Just looking for one with a good, loud flutter sound that still recirculates or is a 50/50.

i went through two bov's and didn't like either or. i ran a turbo xs 50/50 and it made my car run like crap, would back fire, shoot flames, and what was the point when it was too quiet and making my car run rich in between shifts???

then i tried a fully atmospheric perrin bov, that was loud but went back to stock because it wasn't worth sacrificing speed for a little psssshhhh....

leave it stock and put your money else where. get an intake (you have to tune for it) go stage 1 or 2 and you won't even want a bov.

i went through two bov's and didn't like either or. i ran a turbo xs 50/50 and it made my car run like crap, would back fire, shoot flames, and what was the point when it was too quiet and making my car run rich in between shifts???

then i tried a fully atmospheric perrin bov, that was loud but went back to stock because it wasn't worth sacrificing speed for a little psssshhhh....

leave it stock and put your money else where. get an intake (you have to tune for it) go stage 1 or 2 and you won't even want a bov.

The car is looking for the air to be recirculated. When you go external it shoots out and car can't make it up, tune for external bov and you won't have a problem

Depending on what modifications he has, getting an intake is as useless as getting a full vent to atmosphere BOV.

I run a full recirc and am very happy. Sounds like you just want one for the pshhhh.....If you don't need to get one, then save your money.

I have a SPT CAI, Perrin catted downpipe, and CBE for mods. I just like to hear the BOV. I can definitely hear it some with the CAI but wanted something a little louder but still safe to the car and reliable. If leaving it stock is the way to be, then so be it I guess.

I have a SPT CAI, Perrin catted downpipe, and CBE for mods. I just like to hear the BOV. I can definitely hear it some with the CAI but wanted something a little louder but still safe to the car and reliable. If leaving it stock is the way to be, then so be it I guess.

Have you had the car tuned for these mods?

The car is looking for the air to be recirculated. When you go external it shoots out and car can't make it up, tune for external bov and you won't have a problem

You can't tune for an atmospheric BOV on a MAF based vehicle.

As far as my recommendation, I went with a GoFastBits TMS valve, which is "infinitely" adjustable between full recirv and full atmospheric. You just twist the top of it like a dial. I currently have mine set to something like 15% atmospheric and I can still hear the "pssh". It's a high quality piece.

Have you had the car tuned for these mods?

He says he has an AP in the very first post. ;)

A tune being converting the ECU to a speed density setup? That's the only way I see around the MAF situation

Archived