LegacyGT.com

TylerHartman's 1999 Legacy GT Wagon 5SPD

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Always forget to update LGT, I need to since SL-I Is dead these days)

Went on my First drive, still, have stuff to finalize but PICS!!!

Sadly my T5i was un low res :( otherwise they turned out really nice, Proper shoot soon.

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/xbox_360_Reapir/99LGTWGN/IMG_8555%202.jpg

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/xbox_360_Reapir/99LGTWGN/IMG_8553%202.jpghttp://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/xbox_360_Reapir/99LGTWGN/IMG_8554%202.jpghttp://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/xbox_360_Reapir/99LGTWGN/IMG_8557%202.jpg

One of the next big projects this year/next. Fixing this, Painting my RFRB Trims, Installing my ARC Carbon scoop, Deleing the roof rack most likely, Repairing JDM Spats, and hopefully sourcing a JDM rear tailgate wing, and a few other little parts while I'm at it.

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/xbox_360_Reapir/99LGTWGN/IMG_8552.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey man love the car.. I have the exact same model over ehere in nz and am plannig on putting the exact same engine in :) what turbo are you running and the list of mods on the front page .. did you do all of them?

Thanks, man! Means a lot, The 205AVCS is a Hidden gem IMO it's such a good value and it has good engine management. Yes! I bought it as an N/A EJ25D 5 Speed Wagon and have pretty much changed every bit of the car haha and there's way more planned. Right now It's the Stock TD04. But I'm planning for something much bigger in a little while after I get some other stuff taken care of.

Nothing huge to update! Just been driving it and enjoying it, I'm planning to start cleaning up the interior soon. Here's a To-Do List for winter/early spring

-Look into new seats, the Ver8 STI Seats are too high for my liking and I want to be able to use the wagon for AutoX and the Dragstrip. (No Helmet would fit right now with the short roof + Sunroof)

-Fix HVAC Cable Clip

-Mod USDM 97-99 Door pods to work with Door grabs

-New Shift boot

-New OEM Shift knob (keeping the Cobb, just want to try something new)

-Figure out a better system to mount my gauges, Might go to a GD Clock pod style thing. Just hate to cut up my Perfect dashboard

-Find Defi Cable for boost gauge

-Working on picking up a JDM rear strut tower brace and few others brace parts

Spring/next year.

-New Muffler, That isn't a Crappy eBay one.

-New Front Wheel Bearings (Front, Drivers side is Bad)

-Possibly Dial in a little bit of camber for grip and possibly to solve rubbing issues

-HKS EL Header

-Window Tint

+Bodywork + Foglights

-consider cutting upfront bar for a Front mount intercooler. I have an EJ253 Long Runner Intake available to me and two friends and my dad are handy at fab work so It could happen.

Updates!

I sold my Ver8 STI Seats today, Guy with the dumb clean WRB, 5MT, Coupe with 50K miles made the trek down from Chicago the day before Chrismas Eve.

62MoCNF-1.jpg

Seat Delete bro

J159KPF-1.jpg

Took a stab at fixing the Door Pod, I'll do the drivers side next. It's not perfect, I made the hole just a hair too big on the one edge but I eyeballed it so it's pretty good for that, I'll get another one at UP&P and try again

I772QqR-1.jpg

So you might be asking, What's next for the interior? I have talked with JDM Emergency and I've got Front, Rear and door Cards coming from a GT-B. I'm grabbing some crappy seats off one of my friends to use as it'll be about 2 months till I see them.

• 2 months later...

did a Redneck paint job on the clear markers and ran the wiring for them, I'll be wiring them up this week

xxz5uEx-1.jpg

Picked up a Power outlet from an Outback, sadly unlike my Gen4 It was not prewired. so I need to run wiring for it soon. It's installed and I have a pigtail, so I need to run the wires and I'm set.

KYitRlT-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Saturday On my way to a meet my wagon started idling rough, threw a CEL, and my AFR's went wack at idle, and wouldn't make any boost. After freaking out, Found out my Evap Nipple Block off blew off, Time to get a hold of an actul screw in plug to prevent that.

cA7T6ge-1.jpg

Meet Picture

23aPGPy-1.jpg

After bugging the seller of part of my stuff coming in for over a month, He's finally shipping my Bumper, Rainguards, rear lip.

My Interior parts got pushed back from 2 months to 4 months. so hopefully soon on all this stuff

also Placed an order for the two WRX Pedals, and the upper Pivot bushings OEM (non Poly since I don't know if I want to stay with the long throw or go short soon)

one of my orders came in.. I'm in love. I decided I'm going to run the ARC Hood scoop extender as well. It all ties together so well, with the JDM Bumper.

(I had to kill the quality on these to upload, My internet has been slow this week :( )

VWGhEUF-1.jpg

Pj9B5IN-1.jpg

xX8MB5w-1.jpg

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2018/03/EUdSOx8-1.jpg[/img

• 1 month later...

I was telling a friend how I wanted an OEM 6MT Shift knob one day and he brought me one at the car meet this week... Yess

dV67CTP-1.jpg

Then My Other Car meet friend gave me a Steal on this Cobb XLE BPV (Old Verison you can do 50/50 On)

ABURSVS-1.jpg

Bought an IAG AOS (Sadly, I didn't pay attention it was a comp. so now I need the street conversion) Not sure where I can fit this at so it'll be a bit till it's installed. it's huge for my small bay

yX2Nchn-1.jpg

Picked up this Leather E-Brake from a 98-02 Forester at the junkyard, and picked up some coin deletes to remove the old Automatic buttons

M120ibw-1.jpg

Av6eYwL-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up supplies to start work on the body

Also found out my seats have gotten mold on the way over in the shipping container so the seller is trying to fix it but we'll see how that goes.

I've ordered a 2004 STI Steering rack, and Cusco Carbon Fiber Rear Strut Brace and a 5,000mi old 2017 VF48 Turbo. Seriously dumb clean.

I just got a Grimmspeed Belt guard, GroupN 6MT Mount, and Tomei Blue Elbow in the mail today.

X7FPell-1.jpg

w81z0Gs-1.jpg

What will you have to do to get the STI steering rack to work? This is a job I've been considering for a while but have seen it as kind of intimidating.

• 2 weeks later...
What will you have to do to get the STI steering rack to work? This is a job I've been considering for a while but have seen it as kind of intimidating.

along as you get a 2004 STI Steering rack (only 2004) it's bolt in if you get the L&E GC to GD Steering Column Link

I'd recommend also getting WL Poly Rack Bushings at the same time :) That alone is a great upgrade

• 2 months later...

Robbed an Outback limited of some goodies :p

Be1Gybm-1.jpg

KtNTewl-1.jpg

ZCtkcJH-1.jpg

AeroMajic Skirt has new fiberglass tabs made up!

50pJhYl-1.jpg

Kinda a bad thing to add dumb weight but most of the factory stuff just fell out when I removed the headliner

TuTJpv6-1.jpg

B8EoNRc-1.jpg

g6BA8GY-1.jpg

Antenna delete

uWxLL1G-1.jpg

e2YwA7U-1.jpg

She's coming along

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2018/06/shA6pQI-1.jpg[/i

Some good news! Managed to find #2 after a lot of back and forth. it's a long story, Probably will get into detail about it soon. but for now, let's stay positive.

The rest of my rare wing!

9owifjf-1.jpg

sYyTsWG-1.jpg

Mines H Brace (already installed it)

TwaYI8W-1.jpg

Also got JDM Power Folding / Heated Mirrors (some shipping damage, should be able to fix though)

MBUm0tQ-1.jpg

Bought this amazing Apexi Megaphone Dunk BG5 Exhaust off JDMpartsNW (He has other JDM Axlebacks coming soon)

MhTi46V-1.jpg

edDVy8K-1.jpg

CsMrTkd-1.jpg

TiC Shifter Linkage bushings came in, doing this along with the Group N Mount soon

ixP5SJH-1.jpg

repainted the Bumper Beam with Por15 and figured out the wiring was bad with my fog lights so I stripped the wiring from spare JDM fog lights and we're all good now.

rMt5wNN-1.jpg

9eIDFBW-1.jpg

Manged to find a Black Auto dimming mirror

usGgCtI-1.jpg