LegacyGT.com

New LGT owner

We'll be picking up our first Scooby sometime in the next week. A dealer demo 2006 LGT Limited 5MT sedan with 5000 km's on it from a dealership here in Ottawa. I believe the colour is called Atlantic or Ocean Blue.

I am a summer track enthusiast (road courses) and I had a great time with my old car (2005 Acura RSX Type-S). Are there any suggestions on brakes? The dual-piston calipers should be okay, however Hawk HP+ or Satisfied GS3-like pads with some DOT 4 fluid will be an almost immediate upgrade. Later on we'll maybe add a Cobb AP, UP and DP.

Can't wait to have some bottom-end torque and AWD this year!

welcome to the board! you're getting a great car!

note that this site has several forums, each devoted to separate topics.

there is a brakes and suspension forum with a wealth of info. also, be sure to use the search function, too.

regards, eljay

i'm way out of my depth . . .

Thanks for the welcome my fellow Canucks.

I'm originally from Montreal, so I plan to spend the evening watching the Habs face off against the Flyers tonight. Go Habs go!

Nice, I want the 06 LGT, thought automatic... How much are you buying it for?

Ours is a 2006 LGT Limited with 4900 km on it. We're paying $28500 and they're including a 12 month/20 000 km warranty extension on it to compensate for the lost year. So in effect I have a 3 year 75 000 km bumper to bumper warranty on it.

The original list price on the car was $42000, they ommediately offered it for $32000 and I said $28000 pre-tax, they agreed to $28500.

Thanks for the welcome my fellow Canucks.

I'm originally from Montreal, so I plan to spend the evening watching the Habs face off against the Flyers tonight. Go Habs go!

Ours is a 2006 LGT Limited with 4900 km on it. We're paying $28500 and they're including a 12 month/20 000 km warranty extension on it to compensate for the lost year. So in effect I have a 3 year 75 000 km bumper to bumper warranty on it.

The original list price on the car was $42000, they ommediately offered it for $32000 and I said $28000 pre-tax, they agreed to $28500.

What the???? 28K for car? Why? THis is canadian dollar? It is the same as now... 28011.04 USD

Can't you cross the border and buy the car for like 18K ???

True, the prices are quite steep in Canada, however, I don't have the cash on me to pay this car off outright, and due to the credit crunch the lowest rate my bank could offer me was 12%. Therefore, the Canadian price with the subsidized finance rate made a Canadian car quite a bit cheaper. ($2200 in fact over the course of the payments)

If I was buying a Spec B, which was my original plan but I jsut bought a house, I would have gotten it in the USA, no questions about it.

are u on the newcelica.org boards by any chance?

there was a dude named deaks as well who switched to a different car..might have been an rsx

Yup, I had a 2000 Celica GT, swapped that for a 2005 RSX-S. I thought I recognized your nick...

We're paying $28500 and they're including a 12 month/20 000 km warranty extension on it to compensate for the lost year. So in effect I have a 3 year 75 000 km bumper to bumper warranty on it.

I don't know if it's different in Canada, but the warranty should start from the day the car is purchased, you should've had 3years/whatever-36k-miles-is-in-km anyways. So if they're tellin you their givin you more warranty for free, I think they're bullshittin you.

Bought a modded 2005 GT wagon in the us for a LOT cheaper than that, including 18" OZs.

Damn, I didn't know these cars were so much more expensive when put on the market in Canadia.

Regardless, you got a decent deal getting the warranty and stuff.

And, well, buyinga house comes first. :)

Congratulations, for the same price as 2008 for the Base List price Legacy Wagon you got GT! Which dealership the one in the east or the one in the west end? I used to live in Ottawa.

You are right about the 2008 price for a GT at 42,000$tax included but if you payed cash it dropped to 34,000$ plus GST and PST ...they were giving a 8,000$ reduction because they assumed people would be going accross the boarder and paying cash. I opted for the Touring Package in in Montreal which came to 27,000$pre GST and PST.

It is my first Suaru and I love it and the dealer and service at my Monteal dealership is great.

Enjoy, and a friend of mine his borther who works there as a Subie mechanic..and says that the place is good place for service. Let us know on the Canadian International thread.

I hope I don't regret my decision of not getting the turbo for trip to the cottage on the number 5 and 105 hwy to Kazabazua.

Again congradulations.

My understanding is and perhaps a Francophone Montreal might jump in here...that when the French settle Quebec the were known as "Les Habitants" hence the name stuck for the Canadians.

You might want to go to the Legacy>International>Canada and ask the same question.

Both of you are right. First off, the team is Les Canadiens because Canadians was the term used to describe the French colonists in New France, what later became Canada. Les Habitants quite literally means the inhabitants.

Canada is the United States' kick-ass looking hat :)

Welcome...I too am a big Habs fan, go Habs go. I bought my 2006 Legacy GT in February 2008 for $26500, it had 1000 km with full warranty.

Sweet deal!

Archived