LegacyGT.com

2.5I rotors (Any Aftermarket ones)

Well I am wanting to get some new rotors for my 08 2.5I. I had a bad experience with some fading and wet rotors and brakes. I was wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of some DBA Mid-seires rotors, or something else. I have been looking and searching the boards but have not found anyone with what I have been looking for. I want some aftermarket rotors with hawk pads. I really do not want to use the LGT brackets and go with LGT rotors unless I have to. I do ofter like to hit a few back roads and go to my home town and hit some nice one's with friends. Seems like they just make most for the LGT. :confused:

I thought Willwoods was making a kit but I guess not pads are no problem and yes those above mentioned front rotors are NICE and when you think of it they are the braking system upgraded fronts and stock rears arent uncommon even amongst the Ej255 guys

There's already a Wilwood kit available, it's LGT and 2.5i friendly. But I'm sure the OP is looking for a more cost effective alternative.

I'm using the DBA 4000 slotted front and rear, they've been great.

There's already a Wilwood kit available, it's LGT and 2.5i friendly. But I'm sure the OP is looking for a more cost effective alternative.

I'm using the DBA 4000 slotted front and rear, they've been great.

Really what are the parts numbers ? I actually getting close to brake replacements and wouldnt mind rotors to go along with the HAwk pads

How much :rolleyes:?

Really what are the parts numbers ? I actually getting close to brake replacements and wouldnt mind rotors to go along with the HAwk pads

How much :rolleyes:?

part numbers are for the LGT, I've got LGT brakes F&R http://legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

just abt to ask this question, car has probably 70k on right now. any opinions whether to get sti brembo 4p front or project mu 4p front, fren offered me wilwood 6pot front for abt 1.7k

If you only drive on the street, go with whatever is lightest and whatever has cheaper pad replacements. 6pot is way overkill unless you abuse the car on the track and it would just slow you down with the big heavy rotors.

part numbers are for the LGT, I've got LGT brakes F&R :)

If you only drive on the street, go with whatever is lightest and whatever has cheaper pad replacements. 6pot is way overkill unless you abuse the car on the track and it would just slow you down with the big heavy rotors.

hmm yeah true, and sti brembos are heavy? was told by a friend. project mu should be lighter? and pads i was choosing between endless ssm or hawk hps

DBA's catalogue only has fronts for the 2.5i.

Standard series part #648

4000 series part #4648

I didn't know that...at least they make the fronts for us.

So pads/rotors/calipers are all different? I thought just the calipers and rotors were different size but pads are the same?

The DBA's seem to be the best value for the $...I have those on my to do list.

thats guys I am going to ordered these for the ride, cant have the car doing this. Crazy thing is my girl was driving and i was sleep and I woke up real quick ahhahh. i was like WWWTTTTFFFFF. Oh yeah i stopped 10 mins later and like a Dumb Fu*@ i touched the rotor and burnt all my finger tips like hell.

The Leagcy siad "that will teach you for driving me hard"

some guys said just use lgt brakes with hawk hps should be sufficient for us na guys

It certainly is, that's exactly what I'm using.

I didn't know that...at least they make the fronts for us.

So pads/rotors/calipers are all different? I thought just the calipers and rotors were different size but pads are the same?

The DBA's seem to be the best value for the $...I have those on my to do list.

They're all different between GT and 2.5i, but the conversion is direct bolt-on as long as you got the LGT caliper brackets.

Archived