LegacyGT.com

Susp. geeks -help with setting the new BC BR installed today

NYCdob

Just got done with my install on the BC BR series coilovers from Josh at import image racing - good guy to deal with big up for him. Car had hub sound so i replaced both front hub bearings while i was in there.

Took a quick ride and they feel sick - got to get an alignment make sure its all correct.

How should i have the alignment shop set the car up? its a daily driver that gets down to business on some twisty roads. What should i ask him to do camber wise - toe - etc. come on you suspension geeks tell me the way to get-r-done

Nothing like lowering that jack after taking out the last stand and seeing the new look of your ride with a suspension upgrade. :dm:

For a daily driver, I would say zero out the toe and either no camber or just a little (< 1 deg) or else you will see uneven tire wear. Since you are on coilovers, I would have it corner balanced. But, for a dd, not really worth the money.

1. Find a specialty alignment shop qualified to do corner balancing.
  2. Rough adjust the coilovers to attain desired ride height.
  3. Fine tune ride hights to corner balance with you in car.
  4. Set camber to -2 degrees in front, -1.5 degrees rear.
  5. Set toe to 0 all around.
  6. Stick with stock caster.
  7. Pay about $150 - $200.

For a daily driver, I would say zero out the toe and either no camber or just a little (< 1 deg) or else you will see uneven tire wear. Since you are on coilovers, I would have it corner balanced. But, for a dd, not really worth the money.

And just to be clear, it's excessive toe - not camber - that kills tires.

Archived