LegacyGT.com

Water collects in passenger and driver footwells when it rains 97 LGT

I have a 1997 Legacy GT that I purchased a year ago, and for the last couple of months sometimes I would get in my car and the carpet in the passenger footwell would be soaked, and the carpet for the driver footwell would be fairly moist.

I have removed the carpet from my car a week and a half ago so I could diagnose the problem by seeing where the water is coming from, but since then no water has come in.

I'm not sure where the leak is coming from, I checked all the seals for the doors, windows, and sunroof and they look good. No tears or rips, holes or rot.

Has anybody had this problem before? Where is the leak coming from and how do I fix it? I want to reinstall my carpet, but am afraid it will leak again and I'll have to take it back out.

I have this issue too. From what I understand there's a drain spout coming out of the sunroof tray on the passenger side with a drain hose connected to it. Over time the hose shrinks and disconnects, causing water to run down the A-pillar into the footwell. I'm trying to find the threads on the issue, but no luck so far, but I KNOW they're out there.

I pulled back the headliner and the passenger side drain tube had completely come off, and the driver side drain tube was about to slip off. I slipped them back on the drain holes and ziptied them real tight to secure them better. I checked the rear and both drain tubes were still on correctly. This probably explains why my car only got water leakage sometimes, because it would depend on if I was parked uphill or downhill and the rear drain still worked fine.

No it didn't take me long at all, all you have to do is unscrew the visors a d handles on the headliner, which hold the corners down, as well as pop off the trim piece on each side that runs up from the bottom o the windshield to the top. And then i was able to reach i. There and pop the hoses on real quick. I also had to re-install my carpet and seats because i had my carpet out to let it dry and then I took the opertunity to clean it really nice while it was out. I suggest taking your carpet out, because mine although it appeared to have dried when I took it out, the padding underneath was still soakedand growin mildew.

Archived