LegacyGT.com

Coolant Leaking

So i just flushed my coolant two weeks ago and now it is leaking and I smell coolant after driving.

Reading through the board and other sites I am going to try these things.

Making sure its not overfilled, I will take some out and let it run.

Replacing the radiator cap... I can't seem to get it off like I should be able to.

check and see if the drain plug is in correctly?

any other ideas? It was not leaking before. I also used preston coolant flush and preston conditioner.

you ned to find the leak. let the car idle in the driveway for 15 min. after you come home from a drive. then look for coolant on the ground.

possible causes.

air in the system forcing the over flow bottle to over flow.

loose hose clamp on the bottom.

bad radiator cap.

all of these may only cause leaks when the system is at full operating temp. especially the last two, so checking when hot is important. i have had both of these happen to me.

burping air out of the system is the most likely solution, but it could be the others or all three.

It's from underneath I'm not noticing anything with the radiator cap. I will try top take a picture of it. It's dripping in two spots.

?ui=2&ik=270b296d87&view=att&th=1322ad51325c2b06&attid=0.0&disp=inline&zw

this is the general area.

?ui=2&ik=270b296d87&view=att&th=1322ad4b121541de&attid=0.0&disp=inline&zw

see the darker spot in the middle with green circles thats coolant about to drip

?ui=2&ik=270b296d87&view=att&th=1322ad4114539686&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

The dark run here is the second drip spot

]They are close together so it maybe one spot leaking and them just running down separately.

Archived