LegacyGT.com

Performance chip for a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

You don't buy a chip for these cars, you tune them. The least expensive option is to buy a Tactrix cable and get an opensource tune - look for Infamous1.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/opensource-tuning-now-available-103997.html?t=103997&highlight=infamous

Another option is to buy a Cobb Accessport.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/electronics-tuning/engine-management/cobb-tuning-subaru-legacy-gt-accessport-2.html

Do a search, there's lots of info out there.

Welcome to the forums!

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

depends on your supporting mods. you could go stage 1, not sure exactly what to expect.

or you could get an up pipe, down pipe, catback, panel air filter, and get an Infamous1 tune and go stage 2. my stage 2 setup made 261 awhp/ 305hp at the crank.

and of course, if you want to make alot of power, you will have to look into turbos, fuel pump, injectors, fmic/tmic, and other supporting mods.

The Hydra chip is the one case where you would chip a subie that I've seen, but its a lot more expensive in terms of supporting mods and whatnot. I've not heard of it done on Legacys, but a few STi's have had it done over on NASIOC.

Anyway, a simple search would show that you don't chip subies, but reflash them. I don't want to be a douche, but searches and reading are a lot easier, and if you're here for very long, you'll realize that a lot of people ask the same questions and ignore the search function.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I dont know much about a Tacrix cable and an opentune but I do know the Cobb AP. If you can afford to spend about about $800-900 I say get a AP and have it tuned by a pro. I know it sounds expensive but you do get what you pay for and you want your car tuned properly. The Cobb AP you will prob have to get new and I think they run around $500. They come with OTS maps which are preprogramed maps by Cobb. A tune and time on the dyno may run you between $300-$400 I am guessing depending on where you go.

Depending on where you are in NJ look into EFI logics in Bethel, CT. They specialize in Subaru's and the Cobb AP.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Tactrix is only really cheaper if you already have a laptop. You can buy a used AP for about 450 bucks and it comes with multiple maps. I did the AP for now but plan to switch to a custom map from Infamous or PDX tuning once I get all my final engine mods in place. This way I dont have to do everything at once and waste money on a tune that can only be used with a single configuration.

Archived