LegacyGT.com

Rediculously overpriced

Schrei Wolf

I can't imagine why people pay what they do for new cars. To me $40k for an STI is just crap. $30,000 for a new Legacy GT is ridiculous. $50k for a new F-150 is just retarded. To me that is a nice car. Now would I pay that much for it? No. I'll let someone else waste their money on it. Mine is basically the same thing only it's a 2005 with less miles on it with the obvious differences between an '08 and an '05 but mine was $14200. I can't say that I don't wish it was cheaper but it was the price I was willing to pay for my car for the miles on it.

If you don't want to pay it then hold out. Another one will come around at a better price. It is a sweet car but that's a pretty penny. Then again, it is a Subaru and they hold value fairly well.

That's my thought, just keep putting money away until another one pops up.

Just to let you know the dealer auction average price for a car with around the same miles is right around $18,500 so not by $4k-$5k.

Call Americans whiners if you want, I say it's looking for a better deal. If you're not looking for a better deal then you, mi amigo, are dumb. Talk is cheap. Talk on a forum, even cheaper.

Tell that to the ford dealer, that tried to offer me 12k for my CPO 07 with 52k miles. Stating that wholesale when he sells it wont get him alot. I told them to pound sand.

I guess I'm going to be the only one that doesn't think 20K is ridiculous for that car. With some haggling you could have it a little lower.

I've seen 2008 SepcBs selling for 23K recently, so about 20K for a GT wouldn't surprise me.

I personally wouldn't pay $80k for a brand new Mercedes.

As mentioned, it's worth whatever anyone will pay, the beauty of free market and capitalism </politics>.

That area obviously thinks they can get that much for it, or at least by pricing it at that point, some one can come in and haggle down 2k and feel like they "got the best of em"

Just an FYI, it seems like alot of guys with 5eat cars are saying they got theirs cheap. I would imagine thats cause they are a harder car to move in the "performance" car section. I know when I was looking for a LGT, I found alot of cheap 5eats, and the 5MT's were harder to find and more expensive.

If you check kbb and nada on that car, nada is spot on that number and kbb is a little higher, so I would say thats a good starting point for that particular car.

Archived