LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Some pics would be handy. I am slightly concerned to be not using a non elastomer pulley where there was one previously. Every attempt is made to produce a vehicle at the lowest price, leaving a semi complicated pulley out of the equation would save some $$ for Subaru, however its on the motor. I would like to know the reason, their R&D discovered something over the course of time

I havent ever seen harmonic pulleys on their H4 na motors tho, any lump of metal is fine on the front end of those cranks - the lower weight the better :)

Edited by Tradewind

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have some pics up next week.

Looking at PRS website for more goodies, I've come across their advertising of 'JMO of America' torque converters for the 4EAT and 5EAT transmissions:

http://www.jmousa.com/us/flash/frame/main/product/setsumei/index.html

The website is a blast to the early 90s past, but the products seem interesting.

If you look @ the sample pictures 5, they even bundle TCs with ATF radiators as kits.

Fredrik - this looks right up your alley:

ADDRESS 709 W. Commonwealth Ave.

Fullerton CA 92832-1612 USA

PHONE NUMBER 714-738-0621

mailto:jptcu@jmousa.com

Too bad these likely don't fit:

http://www.prs.jp/products/detail_FS30EX.html

http://www.prs.jp/products/detail_BT67EZ.html

Edited by Perscitus

I should have some pics up next week.

Looking at PRS website for more goodies, I've come across their advertising of 'JMO of America' torque converters for the 4EAT and 5EAT transmissions:

http://www.jmousa.com/us/flash/frame/main/product/setsumei/index.html

The website is a blast to the early 90s past, but the products seem interesting.

If you look @ the sample pictures 5, they even bundle TCs with ATF radiators as kits.

Fredrik - this looks right up your alley:

ADDRESS 709 W. Commonwealth Ave.

Fullerton CA 92832-1612 USA

PHONE NUMBER 714-738-0621

mailto:jptcu@jmousa.com

Too bad these likely don't fit:

http://www.prs.jp/products/detail_FS30EX.html

http://www.prs.jp/products/detail_BT67EZ.html

I just ordered my LWCP. I guess they only come in blue?

As far at the Throttle Body, dunno...I would love to try one on and see if it fits. If I can find a junked 3.0 TB and test out, it may prove possible.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I was comparing a few pics of a 3.0 TB and a 3.6R TB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the 3.6R TB is not cable controlled?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I though the crank pulley was hell to change on our cars. Did someone figure out an easier way?
Yup. Giovanni and me have the LWCP installed now.

ECS took 10 minutes supposedly to install his.

For me, my Transmission Shop mechanic and me tackled it within maybe 30 minutes. First we had to wait 20-40 minutes for the engine block to cool off (stock crank pulley and bolt were still hot when we removed them).

Pics in the 'what did you do to your 5th gen' thread, a few pages back.

Yup. Giovanni and me have the LWCP installed now.

ECS took 10 minutes supposedly to install his.

For me, my Transmission Shop mechanic and me tackled it within maybe 30 minutes. First we had to wait 20-40 minutes for the engine block to cool off (stock crank pulley and bolt were still hot when we removed them).

Pics in the 'what did you do to your 5th gen' thread, a few pages back.

Just ordered one.

Just loaded the first Rom from XRT. It already shifts much smoother in auto, and much better torque in manual, auto feels prefect for a nice ride around town and manual feels great for the track. I was scared at first but wow, it was totally worth it. This was just the initial Rom I can't wait till the next update.

Edward is great, he logged into my computer and pretty much did everything, I just sat and watched.

Edited by stevenc1703

Just loaded the first Rom from XRT. It already shifts much smoother in auto, and much better torque in manual, auto feels prefect for a nice ride around town and manual feels great for the track. I was scared at first but wow, it was totally worth it. This was just the initial Rom I can't wait till the next update.

Edward is great, he logged into my computer and pretty much did everything, I just sat and watched.

How much is the tune? Are you logging and getting revisions?

How much is the tune? Are you logging and getting revisions?

Talk to Edward(aka west_minist), his prices are the lowest I've seen and he tunes the trans where most tuners don't. Yea logs and revisions plus video of the dash.

Edited by stevenc1703

I need EcuTek to get us racerom support.

Why? You reached a limit?

I would like to have: 1. 100 octane map and the ability to switch maps. 2. Better shifting/shifting at higher rpm/downshift sooner/etc

I need EcuTek to get us racerom support.

Why? You reached a limit?

I would like to have: 1. 100 octane map and the ability to switch maps. 2. Better shifting/shifting at higher rpm/downshift sooner/etc

Oh ok.

In all honesty...I don't know if my car needs anything else. A lot of things would be nicer to have, but as a DD and going to the track once in a ble moon, I don't believe it needs much else except for track specific pads for track occasions.