LegacyGT.com

Rebuild Bilsteins?

Golf4283

I need to either rebuild or replace my suspension in my 2008 3.0R (130,000 miles). the front driver's side Bilstein strut is blown. My question is what are my options here. I see that I can ship the bare struts to Bilstein in California and they will rebuild them for $75-$85 a piece it appears on their website, but this will take a few weeks I'm assuming. I also want to know if I can use the pink springs with the U.S. Bilsteins or is this just a waste of time?

Is this worth it or am I better off using something else? This car is my daily driver and my wife is due soon so it will be carting around a little one as well shortly. I want a comfortable ride more so nowadays than anything.

Opinions?

You could buy new bilstein HD shocks/struts/ They are cheaper than the stock ones, but supposedly slightly stiffer valving (either should be fine with pinks there's reviews all over this forum).

I'd replace front control arm bushings, swaybar endlinks and bushings.

fredbeansparts.com has been good for me.

I have the exact car, year and model, with the exact mileage and the same exact problem as you. I am putting Bilstein HDs in with new mounts this Friday. Shop in NJ quoted me $640 for the struts and $140 for the mounts. I will let you know how it turns out.

If it's comfort you're after, don't get the Bilstein HD/Pink setup. It's a great suspension for aggressive driving and autocross, but you feel every bump in the road. It won't break your back, but it's definitely firm

Where's the best place to get Bilsteins? Fredbeansparts? Also when replacing endlinks and bushings which do I go with? their website only seems to have aftermarket stuff for that. can I get the stock replacements?

I just saw that Eurosport Design is having a good deal on the Bilsteins and was wondering if I need to replace my dust seal caps and upper mounts? The dust seals are cheap at $6.00 a piece but the mounts are $65.00 a piece. am I okay reusing the mounts I have or what is the normal protocol for this?

Just an update on my situation. Just have been e-mailing back and forth with Rey from AZP Installs and holy crap was he helpful! He gave me quotes on everything and their prices beat any of the other vendors I've seen. They will be sending me

Bilstein HD's

Whiteline Endlinks

Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings

Subaru OEM sway bar bushings

Prices were great like I said and a big thumbs up on their helpfulness.

Archived