LegacyGT.com

how long has subaru been selling only awd?

bradze

or have their cars always been awd. i just remember in the 80s subarus had a button on the shifter for awd. i tell people all subarus are awd since the early 90s, but not sure of the truth.

The Subarus with a "4WD" button on the shifter weren't AWD. They were part-time 4WD. Subaru's U.S. line was exclusively AWD from model years 1997 to 2012, but is no longer exclusively AWD with the introduction of the BRZ. Keep in mind though that Subaru sells different cars in different markets worldwide, including non-AWD cars like the Sambar microvans and rebadged FWD econoboxes like the Justy.

i did use google and did not find what i was looking for. it takes a few seconds to make a new post. if it annoyes you, good. i don't care. i'm trying to find something out and this is easier for me. thanks for the actual useful reply sactojesse.

The Subarus with a "4WD" button on the shifter weren't AWD. They were part-time 4WD. Subaru's U.S. line was exclusively AWD from model years 1997 to 2012, but is no longer exclusively AWD with the introduction of the BRZ. Keep in mind though that Subaru sells different cars in different markets worldwide, including non-AWD cars like the Sambar microvans and rebadged FWD econoboxes like the Justy.

That's pretty common knowledge for most of us.

like never?

plenty of JDM only non AWD Subarus

moving on

Who cares about other countries....;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• I Donated Too
i did use google and did not find what i was looking for. it takes a few seconds to make a new post. if it annoyes you, good. i don't care. i'm trying to find something out and this is easier for me. thanks for the actual useful reply sactojesse.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/Watch%20Out%20We%20Got%20A%20Badass%20Over%20Here/grand/Watch-Out-We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-242.gif

Didn't realize posting a thread on this forum is quicker/easier than Google. Please...carry on.

Archived