LegacyGT.com

driveshaft compatability

hobo2701

Yes it should fit, same chassis. I'm guessing but it seems logical.

Look in the oppsoed forces sticky in the top of the very first forum. see if the propella shafts are the same part number.

The dealer parts guys may know too.

PM m sprank, he may know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They are both wagons . But when I looked in the opposed forces site it had different p/n for the propeller shafts so I'm not too sure at this point but thx for the info that site is pretty handy never knew about it

• Moderators

According to part numbers and dealer info, they are not compatible. Part number for my car ('05 OBXT) is 27111AG14A. Part number for your car, hobo (confirmed with vin#), is 27111AG04A.

Talked to Danteneon who is the parts manager at a local subaru and he says the carrier bearing is different from OBK to Leg.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

Although honestly I would bet that both part numbers would work on either car. I say that because I'm now using a Legacy-spec driveshaft after my 6mt swap. So I must have a leg-spec carrier bearing and no issues to speak of. My drive shaft is at a bit more of an angle now, but no issues to speak of.

Just sharing as much info as possible.

• Moderators

no problem! part of me wants to say just pay for shipping and if it works you can actually pay me for the part and if it doesn't you can have a jousting match with it or whatever :lol:

Thing is pretty long though--wonder what shipping would be like...?

My understanding in the driveshaft between the OBXT and LGT is not the length or carrier bearings, but rather the mounting "bracket" in the center. The OBXT version is a bit deeper to allow the drive shaft to hang a little lower likely due to the spacers in the OBXT suspension. I'm swapping. Out those spacers and replacing with some LGT parts, one of those being the driveshaft.

Edit: see page 5, post 65 for pictures

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/info-ob-gt-suspension-geometry-removing-spacer-180579p5.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived