LegacyGT.com

Quick question about trading my car in

I have a 2007 legacy gt with 5mt and I'm trading it in very soon. I was putting the stock cat back on the other day and realized I probably should replace my catless downpipe with stock as well. The problem is I don't have one laying around anymore. Can I trade the car in knowing it probably won't pass emissions? Do most people go back to stock to trade their cars in?

I know this is a stupid post but I'm looking to get this traded here very soon and just wanted to see what you guys think.

you're replacing things but are you putting the stock tune back on? don't be one of those people to sell an LGT with a stage 2 tune loaded and the incorrect parts to go with it.or a stock tune and stage 2 hardware on it. etc. etc.

I really have to believe that if the trade took place NEXT week, it wouldn't make much difference unless you're trading for a used car that is rare. Read what INVAR said too-you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of someone else that did what he talks about as it can be a death knell for the car. If you want to trade it in and have a good conscience, replace the DP, have it re-tuned so it's correct, and believe it or not, it will run quite a lot better and most likely get you more trade in value once the car salesperson drives it.

SORRY...LOL...Your post above beat me to it and I'm glad that you're doing it right.

It drives excellent as is. As stated...I'm replacing the catless downpipe due to the fact that I don't believe it will pass emissions. The plan the whole time was to load a stock tune, I'm not one of those people that wouldn't do it. If I had no conscience and didn't care wouldn't I just trade it in with the catless downpipe and not say anything ??

Jmp68674649595$463(38....I like the thought that going back to stock makes the car "run quite a lot better", considering how many gt owners go stg 1+ or 2 immediately after buying the car and never look back.

If you're returning the hardware to completely stock, loading the stock map on it is easy if you have the right cable and software, or can have someone else local connect and flash the stock map for you. Finding an 07 LGT's stock map should be fairly easy as well on the RR site. If not there, someone here should be willing to provide you with one. Shouldn't be a problem at all. Glad to hear you're doing things the right way. :)

Archived