LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Sedan question

So. I am an idiot and locked my keys inside my car. I went out to get something from my trunk, popped the trunk and left the keys laying on the seat.

My trunk is still open and I was just wondering if there was a way to open the trunk pass through from the trunk side. My son is pretty small so I think he could fit through and open the door from there.

Thanks in advance.

find a door stop and wedge it in between the window glass and the weather seal, get a coat hanger or jimmy or something and fish your way over to the inside door handle. ask me how i know with an old ford, 1/8 a tank of gas, and the truck running.

I've done the same with our LGT

I stuck something underneath the weather seal and the glass, used that to keep the window somewhat open, and used an old coat hanger to pull the door lock. It barely had enough length, but it worked. Oh, and the security system is going to go off, don't be alarmed (pun intended).

Thanks guys. I was able to get in. I used the "put your son in the trunk and tell him to find his way out" method.. It took longer than I expected (about 12 hours) but he was finally able to get it done.

There is a latch on the trunk pass through that you just have to push up on. I used a large screw driver that was in the trunk and wallah! I was in.

you kept your son in the car for 12 hours? did you atleast throw graham crackers in every so often?

Nah.. He doesn't like Graham Crackers. I figured letting him eat would slow down the process so I ate and told him what I was eating and what it tasted like so he would use that as motivation to move faster.

• Mega Users
find a door stop and wedge it in between the window glass and the weather seal, get a coat hanger or jimmy or something and fish your way over to the inside door handle. ask me how i know with an old ford, 1/8 a tank of gas, and the truck running.

when i was a kid at the car wash, keys got locked in all the time. we used to take hard plastic wedges and put them between the door jam, pryed open just enough to coat hanger the handle or lock .

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived