LegacyGT.com

Boost controller, gauge, and pod

I am looking to install a manual boost controller for my car, with a boost gauge and pod in the middle console above the stereo, or on the A pillar, I am not looking to spend more than 200$ on the three parts(IF POSSIBLE), does anyone have suggestions for me please!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
most people with legacys atleast on this forum use elec boost control selenoids, easier for tuners less hassle for the driver. Grimmspeed is probably the most popular you can get one for about 95 bucks. if your going boost gauge, on a budget ; ebay, otherwise prosport,stri,defi or too much for you
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

ok, on a serious note. have a boost controller in your interior is pointless and useless. you go to a tuner and he adjusts boost with timing, fuel, etc. once its tuned to optimal boost level, it STAYS there, you DO NOT adjust it yourself since the tune equates a boost level with an amount of fuel and timing. adjusting boost once those are set is adding air/pressure to a set fuel (injector latency), and significantly throws off AFR.

thus upping the boost after tuned will cause severe lean conditions, with detonation and knock, and a lot of heat, and a lot of damage. boost controllers stay in the engine compartment and are not to be adjusted by the driver, only by the tuner. EBCS's are the way to go, not manual controller. http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=151&products_id=145

you only need an aftermarket boost controller if your stage 2 or higher, the stock bcs handles up to 19psi decently. if you're stage 2 fmic then an ebcs is a good idea for boost building response. if you are stock, there is no benefit really to an aftermarket controller.

Archived