LegacyGT.com

A/C Question

flyingtim01

Hey guys,

I know there are about a hundred posts about the suspect A/C, but I don't think I've found a definitive answer.

In my particular case, it just takes forever for the A/C to cool my 2009 Legacy 2.5i down on a hot day, which seems to be cause by the extremely short cycles of the compressor. So, is the compressor most likely short cycling because of the way system is set up (with the temp sensor) or is it worth a trip to the dealer to make sure that the system is charged properly/the temp sensor is working correctly?

i read recently in a local forum that wrapping the A/C pipe that goes along the fire wall will help out. so i wrapped the pipe that comes off the compressor all the way to just before it goes through the fire wall.

i haven't started to use the a/c yet...so i can't give any feedback on this

if in any doubt, just bring it back to the dealer - since it's under warranty anyways ~

Thanks Darkness...I guess I'm just expecting to have my car tied up for a day, only for them to tell me that its normal. When my S-10 was new the front end always clunked going over bumps when the wheels were turned. After the dealer had put on a new power steering pump and lines, idler arm and pitman arm (in three separate trips) to no avail. I was changing the oil one afternoon shortly thereafter and I saw that neither the General or the dealer prep department decided it was important to grease any of the tie rod ends, ball joints or idler or pitman arms. But, I guess I'll have to bit the bullet here.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived