LegacyGT.com

New KYB/Epics vs Used Bilsteins/H-Techs

ripcurl

My current suspension setup is due for a replacement. I'm at 98k miles and am on stock springs and struts. My LGT is a daily driver and I don't track my car so I don't need anything too crazy. I want a mild drop and struts that are a bit better then stock.

I was looking at KYB's and Epic springs from FredBeansParts and they would roughly run me $550. There's a guy locally selling a set of used Bilstein's from a Spec B with tophats, saggy butt spacers and Tein H-Techs for $750. They have approximately 20k miles on them (although I guess there is no way to know that for sure).

I'm aware that the Bilsteins are superior to the KYB's, but will there be any drop at all on the Teins? From what I understand, the Bilsteins are beefier then the stock struts and actually raise the car if using stock springs. Also, since they are used, and there really is no way to confirm actual mileage on them, is it really worth the risk?

I was originally going to go with the Koni's, but they are too pricey. I heard the Tokico's are good, but are impossible to find. Any other options I've missed?

Cliff notes

-NEW KYB's and Epic Springs $550

-USED Bilsteins and Tein H-Techs $750 (with 20k on them)

-looking for a mild drop and similar to stock ride quality (maybe a little firmer)

-any other economical options?

KYB/Epics here and saggy butt spacers. My car is a DD only. Absolutely love the setup.

That setup also requires saggy butt spacers? I wasn't aware of that. Where did you buy them from and what thickness did you get?

Archived