LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

Finally decided to upgrade the wheels (and which ones I wanted...)

First, I did some work behind the wheels. SS brake lines, DBA4000 rotors, HPS pads and black ceramic coat the calipers. Then, some Kazera KZ-D's (18" x 7.5", 50mm offset) wrapped in BF Goodrich g-force TA KDW 2's (225 40 18).

(Stock suspension BTW)

Night and day difference in braking/handling. Very happy with it so far...

DSC00514.thumb.jpg.46a398cb14dfdaaa263fdcdcc269a853.jpg

DSC00510.thumb.jpg.b0a4c13b8cf24499ade0ea5844f29bdd.jpg

DSC00511.thumb.jpg.926c37fb2dee74602dcf450da374f630.jpg

Can I get your guys thoughts on something? I put my DR33's on for the summer today and.. they rub a little? Only under braking and turning to the right (left seems to be okay).

From what I'd read about a Spec B, I would have thought a 225/40R18 tire on an 18x7.5" would have been perfect, but.. it's definitely rubbing a little. I looked and really couldn't see any evidence on any of the suspension/steering, so my hope is that it's hitting the wheelwell liner or the very end of my fiberglass lip but I don't know, I was pretty bummed out when I heard it.

Given the lack of fitment issues with the tiresize/wheels size on a Spec B, is it most likely something non-critical? Maybe the offset wasn't enough? I *think* it was 48, but I'm not 100% on that.

edit: looks like the offset is 45. it's within the parameters of the Wheel/Offset thread. thought?

Edited by Fantastipotamus

Anyone have a set of Excel TZ10's? I think I saw them on someone from VT car once and they looked awesome. Found it! So nice!

Man, dark wheels on a red car look so perfect.:cool: Especially the Garnet Red on the Legacy.

Wukindada and his monster-wagon proved this theory to me years ago. He rolled hyper black rotas on his.

Can I get your guys thoughts on something? I put my DR33's on for the summer today and.. they rub a little? Only under braking and turning to the right (left seems to be okay).

From what I'd read about a Spec B, I would have thought a 225/40R18 tire on an 18x7.5" would have been perfect, but.. it's definitely rubbing a little. I looked and really couldn't see any evidence on any of the suspension/steering, so my hope is that it's hitting the wheelwell liner or the very end of my fiberglass lip but I don't know, I was pretty bummed out when I heard it.

Given the lack of fitment issues with the tiresize/wheels size on a Spec B, is it most likely something non-critical? Maybe the offset wasn't enough? I *think* it was 48, but I'm not 100% on that.

edit: looks like the offset is 45. it's within the parameters of the Wheel/Offset thread. thought?

Add a bit of negative camber (-.5* to -.75*) and you'll likely be good to go except on the narliest of bump/turns when you may rub a bit on the fender liner up inside the wheel well. Are you using the offset LCA bushings, or is your car lowered?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Add a bit of negative camber (-.5* to -.75*) and you'll likely be good to go except on the narliest of bump/turns when you may rub a bit on the fender liner up inside the wheel well. Are you using the offset LCA bushings, or is your car lowered?

No bushings or anything, and the cars still on it's stock suspension, which is the weirdest part.. Does that sound right? Stock suspension, tires/wheels/etc within supposedly acceptable specs and it still rubs? I also went with a 225/40 instead of the stock 215/45, which means the tires are shorter, but wider. I don't know, i'm very confused. I may take a dremel to the last 1/4" of the lip on my car and see if that's actually where it's hitting. Everywhere else really looks like there's enough clearance, especially when it comes to wheelgap (see a few posts up), though after I put all 4 on, it definitely sat down a little.

Thanks for the reply, btw. :)

I'm running +46 18x8 with 225/40x18 MPS (which are a fairly wide tire) on lowered suspension, so it sounds like either 1) your suspension isn't keeping up with the wheel travel or 2) your tire is exceptionally wide. Unless your lip sticks back past the curve of your fender line (inner and outer), I would think that it would be really hard to rub that area. BTW - how much does your DR33/tire combo weigh?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -