LegacyGT.com

Mid-Atlantic Job Postings

PeterJMC

I've posted up a few times in the Mid-Atlantic forum hoping to help a few people on this forum with some job opportunities.

I figure we should have a running thread for people on this forum who are looking for jobs, or people trying to fill some positions. This would just be another network tool for everyone.

If looking for a job, post what industry, locations of interest, and position you are looking for.

If looking to fill positions, post your announcement, location, with it's closing date.

Exchange resumes via personal email.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Always looking for good candidates. Seeking both Project Management and and engineering resources.

Check out Acentia.com and look at our positions in Falls Church. PM me if you find anything you'd like to pursue. :)

Edited by PeterJMC

I'm working on a Master's in healthcare administration but don't have any job experience other than working at my University's bookstore. I'm looking for any interniships in healthcare management. I also have a pretty strong interest in project managment and healthcare IT. So if there are any internships/entry level jobs for those that would be great as well.

I would prefer if the job/internship opportunity was in MD. But I'm willing to travel to DC/VA for the right opportunity.

I think I will try to get comptia certs in network+ and security+. Do any of you know if those are worth getting?

Looking for good candidates to staff a proposal effort for an IT Infrastructure Organization. Proposal efforts are seeking both Project Management and and engineering resources.

Check out Acentia.com and look at our (Proposal Effort) positions in Falls Church. PM me if you find anything you'd like to pursue.

Huh, whaaat - that's what you do ? You have a PM.

If you are serious about IT, those certs will definitely open up some opportunities for you.

I will definitely try to get those certs as soon as possible then.

I also got a database systems design book from a friend that I will start trying to learn SQL from.

Any aspiring or junior Sys. Admins. looking for work in Rockville, MD shoot me a PM.

Looking for a highly trainable resource with a little experience in:

Administering Windows Server 2003/2008

Providing Active Directory support

Writing SQL scripts

Providing general IT/help desk support

Always looking for good candidates. Seeking both Project Management and and engineering resources.

Check out Acentia.com and look at our positions in Falls Church. PM me if you find anything you'd like to pursue. :)

Bump!

Looking for a software engineer position in the Hampton Roads area. Active security clearance, 6 years of experience developing in JAVA on Redhat Linux. Edited by el5y
Typing on an iPad is terrible. :)

• Moderators

If anyone in the area is looking, feel free to peruse job openings here: http://www.tape-llc.com/careers.

If anything strikes your fancy feel free to get in touch. I can't say that I'll be able to help directly depending on the specific position, but who knows. Can't hurt.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

The wifey is a recruiter for a mortgage company, New Day USA located in Fulton, MD. If you or anyone you know is fresh out of school or recently out of school with a BS degree and would like to start selling mortgages or doing Refi etc. let me know. I can put in a good word and forward her your contact info. The hours are long (sales) but they pay for state licensing and get you ready to go pretty quickly, plus commissions can be huge you just have to put in the hours.

I think I will try to get comptia certs in network+ and security+. Do any of you know if those are worth getting?

If you want to stand out from the crowd and demand some higher $$, look into getting your CISSP. Its by no means a walk in the park and it requires much much more of a commitment then the other creds you listed.

As far as real world, those (sec+/net+) honestly are very common place now and employers are even making those standard requirements (like a BS degree).

If you want to stand out from the crowd and demand some higher $$, look into getting your CISSP. Its by no means a walk in the park and it requires much much more of a commitment then the other creds you listed.

As far as real world, those (sec+/net+) honestly are very common place now and employers are even making those standard requirements (like a BS degree).

So would I also need to get sec+/net+ if I went ahead and got a CISSP? Or would the CISSP encompass those two certs as well as give me more value.

Its a certification outside of those already mentioned. Unfortunately its not an easy one to obtain and is not attepmted by those in the entry level area of their careers. Essentially, getting the other certs you mentioned would be stepping stones for getting something more sought after like the CISSP but are not considered anywhere in the same category. I simply mentioned it based on your stated paths of interest.

If I had to pick a rarer combination of two certifications to make someone stand out, they would probably be CISSP and PMP (since you mentioned IT/PM)

I understand now, thanks. So to start off in the entry level area I would need net+/sec+ in order to move on towards a CISSP in the future. I am also definitely planning to get a PMP certification once I'm eligible to do so. My PM teacher was excellent and really got me interested in it.

In case your interested, I still have a Security+ book from when I took the test.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/theflystyle/books_zps5c770ea9.jpg

You might want to double-check the book to make sure its still the recommend one to study (SY0-201)

It looks like the current exam is SY0-301, I appreciate all your help so far though.

Was the book to the left of the security+ book good? I'm interested in borrowing that to read through if you thought it was a good book.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Current job openings at my company:

Adelphi, MD

· Help Desk Tier 2

· System Administrator

· Application Manager

· Network & Telecom Engineer

*Certifications are required for these positions*

Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

· System Administrator

· Application Manager

· Network & Telecom Engineer

*Certifications are required for these positions*

Not sure what help I can provide, but it never hurts. Check out tape-llc.com for more info.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 1 month later...