LegacyGT.com

04 legacy GT (Australia 2.0 )

Hi , i am a new member, and i am from Australia.

I have a problem with my car, there's weird " wooo" sound coming fr the front right side of my GT everytime i accellerate, and the sound is getting louder and louder by the month. Can anyone tell me what is the possible cause b4 i take it to the mechanic. ( so i know i wont be muck around )

Thank you all in advance.:confused::)

Possibly wheel bearing? I have a 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited and that happened awhile back and the wheel bearing went. If it starts making a grinding noise stop driving it immediately...mine the wheel bearing broke apart and the wheel almost came off. This happened when the previous owner owned it who was a good friend of mine...I ended up fixing it for her. ~Chris

• 2 weeks later...

@Tanto,1st TY and Yes it gets louder on throttle only.

@cordobachris05 ty too, and no is not a grinding noise more like a siren or wind blowing thru cracks.I checked the hoses for the turbo no cracks or puncture. wheel bearing is good , i just replaced the cv booths which comes with a free check on wheel bearings :)

Sounds like it could be input shaft bearing. I test drove a couple third gens that made a howling noise like you are describing. I asked a couple local Subaru buddies about it and that is what they told me...

Good luck! hope you can figure it out:confused:

Archived