LegacyGT.com

How Do You Drive Your Legacy?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine hardly ever sees redline. After a recent reckless driving ticket (not conviction) I have slowed it down considerably. That and my clutch slips if I put my foot down too hard :spin:

Well, where I live it's basically nothing but one huge road course. I don't beat on it but I definitely take corners very hard. A full suspension and star specs allow me to do that though. I'm not reckless about it but I regularly take corners that range from 15-35mph at around 60-80+ mph. I'm not condoning speeding, I only do this on roads I know well enough and know I have ample braking time if need be.

Uh I kinda have an issue with driving fast. I'm addicted there's no denying it.

Only a matter of time before I'm caught but I got the car 2 years ago and no ticket yet. On/off ramps I corner hard sometimes. I definitely don't beat on it but I don't baby it.

I never "launch" but it sees close to redline a decent amount.

As far as how it's held up, I replaced cylinder 2 last December when it had about 80k on it, die to a broken ring land. Quite common for the vehicle but obviously driving hard doesn't help.

Oh well, you only live once and the car is built for it.

I'm not gonna pay 20 grand for a sports sedan and drive it like a commuter.

Uh I kinda have an issue with driving fast. I'm addicted there's no denying it.

Only a matter of time before I'm caught but I got the car 2 years ago and no ticket yet. On/off ramps I corner hard sometimes. I definitely don't beat on it but I don't baby it.

I never "launch" but it sees close to redline a decent amount.

As far as how it's held up, I replaced cylinder 2 last December when it had about 80k on it, die to a broken ring land. Quite common for the vehicle but obviously driving hard doesn't help.

Oh well, you only live once and the car is built for it.

I'm not gonna pay 20 grand for a sports sedan and drive it like a commuter.

Go to the track. Most people who drive 'fast' on the streets are actually not very fast around a track. Improve your skills and keep others safe :)

If you drive it hard it's like a v8. So I mix it up. No reason to drive fast all the time.

True I guess I don't drive fast ALL the time but certainly 75+% of the time I do. I guess I'm THAT guy. W/e it's fun, and I drive well. No ones gettin hurt.

Go to the track. Most people who drive 'fast' on the streets are actually not very fast around a track. Improve your skills and keep others safe :)

I'm not reckless, and like I said I don't beat on it. I just like to get on it when the road is open. It feels good. After having a large repair already I'm not up for blowing it up at the track until I'm more prepared or it isn't my daily driver.

I hope I dont run into a cylinder issue.

I'm paying half that but a lot monthly so I'm very cautious with it :lol:

It seems like it stays in one gear after it shifts into second but I think its just the way the tranny is?

True I guess I don't drive fast ALL the time but certainly 75+% of the time I do. I guess I'm THAT guy. W/e it's fun, and I drive well. No ones gettin hurt.

same here, i try to save gas and drive slow in the city except when late at night when i need some excitement, but on the freeways, im the guy you'll never pass. i like tetris driving. i see a whole and i go for it and yes i do it safely :)

Lets see for the past 153,000 miles I have driven my wagon like a old grandma, just because it making 280whp doesn't mean I did that to drive it fast. Just because it turned a 13.8 at the drag strip back in 2005 does not mean the car was ever beat on. The car rearly ever see's redline more then once a day ok may be twice a day.

Yea, try saying that with a straight face.

The dash is currently reading 25.2 mpg.

If you take care of the car, do the oil changes and other fluid changes, DO NOT shut the engine off when you just drove it hard, let the turbo cool. You'll be fine.

Learn the car and the noises it makes. When you hear something different, fix it.

Today I drove the first 5 miles or so with out the radio on. Started it from sitting over night, roll down the driveway, drive down the street 1st-3rd gear, stop sign, turn left again 1st-3rd gear on the broken pavement, stop, turn left up a short hill 1st-2nd gear, turn right over broken pavement, begin the big climb up the hill about a mile to the top, take most of the hill from 2nd-4th gear, listen to the turbo.

Get to the stop sign, turn right onto the state road, get into 4th gear and then coast down hill the next 1.5 miles to the stop light. Listen for driveline noise.

To more short drives and I'm on the highway doing 70mph. Sounds like it would be a good idea to do the right rear wheel bearing sometime before next winter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

this is higher wisdom

it's all true

have been driving on the track for about 30 years and never have the urge to drive fast on open roads.

but thenm again

whats driving fast in the states

we have the autobahn (limitless)

rens

How do I drive my Legacy?

I step on the gas, clutch, brake and steer, just like any other car but I crank it up first and then I push in the clutch, put it in 1st gear and release up the clutch and step on the gas at the same time and then I'm driving the Legacy.

That's how you drive the Legacy, right?

Let me know if I'm doing this wrong.

Just got my license and the Legacy yesterday.:lol:

How do I drive my Legacy?

I step on the gas, clutch, brake and steer, just like any other car but I crank it up first and then I push in the clutch, put it in 1st gear and release up the clutch and step on the gas at the same time and then I'm driving the Legacy.

That's how you drive the Legacy, right?

Let me know if I'm doing this wrong.

Just got my license and the Legacy yesterday.:lol:

Well... mines different

I step on the brake pedal and move the shifter down to Daily Driver mode and just go. I think my Race mode is broken cause when I move it to the R, it goes in reverse:eek:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived