LegacyGT.com

Need your input on a custom Legacy battery tie down

sicivic

Hello fellow Legacygt community. I have been selling a nice custom brushed aluminum battery tie down for the nissan community for a while and would love to branch into the Legacy community and offer ya'll a similar great product. I have attached a pic of an example. I understand its just a dress up item but many of the maxima owners have loved them. I wanted to get your input about the wording and what seems to have the most interest. Throw out your ideas. I'm all ears. I would love to make some "Legacy" ones but I'm trying to stay away from wording that would be infringing on trademarks for the time being. I was thinking "2.5 GT" or "2.5 GT Spec.B" or "AWD" or "EJ255". I can also make custom one-off on an individual basis. It may be hard to tell, but the lettering is cut all the way thru the part.

And yes, I will go thru the proper registration on here to sell them once there is interest and I've had them manufactured.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/shamusyandle/IMG_8764.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much for one that says SpiderPig shipped to Los Angeles?

...and I think you need to read up on getting a vendorship here before you can totally setup shop but I don't know, Im not a vendor.

I will PM you about a custom one. And yes, I will become a vendor on here before I start selling them. Just trying to see if there is interest first.

ha I have one of your maxima ones! I ended up powder coating mine satin black. Real nice piece.

Haha......thats awesome. Who would of thought a fellow maxima owner would be on here! Do you have a pic you can send me of yours powder coated? I would love to see how it turned out. I appreciate the positive comment!

simple text like "SUBARU" or "LEGACY" would make it easier to sell. or even "LEGACYGT.COM" would be sweet given permission was there.

Update us! I'm sure this would be awesome given the demand for the STI battery tie down. I never see those last very long in the classifieds.

simple text like "SUBARU" or "LEGACY" would make it easier to sell. or even "LEGACYGT.COM" would be sweet given permission was there.

Update us! I'm sure this would be awesome given the demand for the STI battery tie down. I never see those last very long in the classifieds.

I would love to do "SUBARU" or "LEGACY" but I will have to get the product officially licensed first to avoid trademark infringements. LEGACYGT.COM might be hard to fit lengthwise on the tie down. Also, you have a pic of the STI one you are talking about? I would love to see an example. Here are few examples so far:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/shamusyandle/25GTpictiedownscreenshot.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/shamusyandle/AWDtiedown.jpg

I hate the "2.5" and "GT" being differend sizes. Just because the badges do doesn't mean the product should.

The "AWD" looks hAWt.

"LegacyGT.com" would be awesome too.

I could make the "2.5" and "GT" the same size if you want. This is the reason for this thread. Its feedback!

I've had folks say just saying "Battery" would be cool. Or "Subie"

Throw out some more ideas!

I'm thinking about this all wrong. The LGT already have all kinds of bling. The Outback is silver and has nothing so far.

I've got $40 cash in hand for one that says "2.5 XT" all in the same type size as the "GT" of "2.5 GT". Change the G to an X, up the 2.5 size and I'm sold. Present for the wife. Make it snappy. :lol: (Joke about the snappy part!)

I can see how "Subaru" might present trademark issues, but I believe "legacy" is just a word in the English language and I fail to see how that could be trademarked in and of itself.

Well, I wish it wasn't but according to Subaru's website, it is.

http://www.subaru.com/company/conditions.html

Straight from Subaru's site:

Trademarks owned by FUJI and Subaru of America: Subaru, Six Star Cluster design, Legacy, Impreza, WRX, STI, Switchback, Outback, Forester, Tribeca, The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive, The World's First Sports Utility Wagon, Master the Mountain, Sport Utility Tough. Car Easy, Added Security, The World's First Multiple Choice Vehicle, Driven By What's Inside, AWD Design, Drive, Stellar Performers and SPORTSHIFT®.

Third party product-related trademarks: L.L. Bean and MOMO.

Haha......thats awesome. Who would of thought a fellow maxima owner would be on here! Do you have a pic you can send me of yours powder coated? I would love to see how it turned out. I appreciate the positive comment!

I'll try to remember to dust it off and grab a pic of it tonight.

Archived