LegacyGT.com

How to make USDM to JDM headlight harness?

BoxerLove

http://www.4zero1motorsports.com/product-p/4z1-jdm-h4.htm

Im sure we have all seen these, and i just picked up my JDM headlights for my 98 Legacy GT. I want to make them removable and not touch the stock wiring.

What is needed to make the above adapters? Im sorry but $65 is insane for those. I cant seem to find the 4 plug connector type like the JDM headlights have. Ive done way too much searching with no results so far. :spin:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Link you provided in original post mentions Yazaki as JDM OEM connector. Try this guy, this link has both Yazaki and Sumitomo 4 pin female connectors that look like one shown on 4zero1motorsports link:

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/250_Connectors/250_connectors.html

Browse his site, there are many different connector makes and types. I ordered some for my JDM harness from easternbeaver but he didn't have all ones I needed either.

Good luck. Easternbeaver owner does not like to be asked questions about connectors he does not carry, and he asks on his site not to bug him, so its fair. Service is fast and all items were in perfect order though.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Link you provided in original post mentions Yazaki as JDM OEM connector. Try this guy, this link has both Yazaki and Sumitomo 4 pin female connectors that look like one shown on 4zero1motorsports link:

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/250_Connectors/250_connectors.html

Browse his site, there are many different connector makes and types. I ordered some for my JDM harness from easternbeaver but he didn't have all ones I needed either.

Good luck. Easternbeaver owner does not like to be asked questions about connectors he does not carry, and he asks on his site not to bug him, so its fair. Service is fast and all items were in perfect order though.

What is the name of the plug on the JDM headlights? it seems like to me someone on ebay etc would sell a simple conversion harness.

• 3 weeks later...
I understand your want to make your own harness but in reality this is a good deal. The crimping tool alone to terminate the wires pins for the plastic connectors is about $40 by itself and can only be found in a handful of places. Plus with the ones in the link everything is done for you already and set to go. The would also be way more professional looking too.

I understand your want to make your own harness but in reality this is a good deal. The crimping tool alone to terminate the wires pins for the plastic connectors is about $40 by itself and can only be found in a handful of places. Plus with the ones in the link everything is done for you already and set to go. The would also be way more professional looking too.

Honestly i probably have a tool that would work. I have had to pull pins out of PC Power supply ends too many times and those things can be a pain.

Similar pins but different design altogether. If you are up for the task a good place to look for the connectors would be Tyco or someone who sells tyco products. I would help a little more but without a Japanese Wiring diagram stating what the part number is called I can only point you to where most companies source their connectors from. I used to use a place called mouser electronics. Like I said though without a proper code you can spend a mass amount of time looking for the correct connector which might not even have a picture to verify.

Archived