LegacyGT.com

sway bar info

seabee70

It's been a while since I posted,but my '05 legacy gt needs help. I had the dealer install thicker sway bars bck in '07,that I bought online but I forgot who I bought them from. The bushings,according to the service tech,are worn & causing a clunking sound as I drive over bumps & manholes that are not level. They replaced the front shocks & end links,which did not cure the problem,so they say to replace the bushings on the sway bars. Please reply with a source where I might buy new bushings. Thanks for your help.

I've got a set of beefy Progress bushings with some pretty trick adjustable brackets. I had them on for about 2 weeks before I replaced the 22mm Progress with a 20mm Whiteline. They're essentially new. The catch is, the brackets won't fit any other kind of bushing, so when you replace them, don't toss the OEM bracket (like I did). If you want them, shoot me a PM with your PayPal info. I'd still be using them if I had a 22mm bar.
Tits mcgee

• 2 weeks later...
My FSB is 1" thick,or 25 mm & suspension connection is the only place ,so far,that has that size. Has anyone dealt w/them ? Thanks for all the input.

Wait, so you have Perrin bars? Is the bar red or black? If the bar is red, then it's Perrin, if it's black then it's a Tribeca Bar. Either way, you can contact Perrin or Energy Suspension or even Subaru to get the bushings.

I'm guessing Tribeca is one of their models if memory serves me. Perrin is new to me but I'll google it. Energy supension has 1" bushings but they may not fit in the clamps,if the dimension I got from Amanda is correct. Thanks for the help.

Archived