LegacyGT.com

BEWARE of Diablo Subaru in Walnut Creek!! (rant)

chinchy

I've had many issues with Diablo Subaru. First off, the salesman I dealt with is entirely unknowledgeable on anything Subaru. Oblivous on what comes on the car, trim levels, even what colors are available. Even to the point of potentially damaging the car on test drives with a manual transmission. He even damages my car cosmetically after I purchase it by trying to rub off a stain with a totally inappropriate cloth and some weird cleaning agent, leaving an entirely unsightly swirl/rub mark on the car. So fine, maybe that is one solitary individual that is bad for the dealership (I won't name names, but if you insist on going to this dealership, don't deal with a guy whose name rhymes with Lawn Peace). Not so fast. I just brought my car in to fix some issues with the car. Namely, on my brand new car, the gas tank cover would not open, and the car's alignment was slightly off (pulls to the right). I also had them install the Short throw shifter per my purchase agreement. I go to pick up the car at the end of the day, and at first glance, am appalled by what I see. There are greasy hand prints all over the car exterior. Okay, so that's just a nitpick, grease can wash off for the most part. The least they could do was to detail it. Fine, maybe an oversight. They did mention that they were short staffed that day because one guy was on vacation, and another guy's grandmother just died. I go inside the car to take a look. I notice that the grease marks are on the interior of my car as well, on the aluminum side sills on the bottom of the driver door, on the steering wheel, and all over the center console. On top of that, it is scratched on the right side. Yes, scratched. Also scratched on my stereo button. Apparently in the removal or installation of the shifters, they didn't bother to take any care in not damaging the car. Fine, it's purely cosmetic, but this is my brand new 2 week old car. I go back and they say I need to talk with the manager. I talk with him and he says I need to deal with the service advisor because the scratch could have been there before I got there, and that since they had left for the day, that I need to bring it back the next day. I on the other hand, don't want to leave without them verifying that there is an issue because they can just go and say that I messed it up on the way home. So I insist on getting the manager to come look, and all the while he is berating me, swearing, etc, saying why do people keep nitpicking and why can't I just leave him alone. Fine, maybe he's having a bad day, but he needs to be held accountable for the actions of his technicians. After looking at my car, he finally acknowledges that the scratches could have been caused by the installation of the short throw shifter, but that I would still need to bring it back the next day to talk with the service advisor. As he is walking back into the building, he continues to swear and mutter and curse and again says why can't you people leave me alone. He also curses his technicians. This is a thoroughly bad way to treat a customer, from the beginning, prior to the sale, through the whole ownership period. And this is still just the "honeymoon" stage. I shudder to think how service could be like down the line. And I had previously dismissed the concerns of one of my coworkers, who was thoroughly treated so badly at this dealership that he sued them and won. And this was 5-10 years ago. Looks like things have not really changed. If you're shopping for a car in the Bay Area, do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. :o :x :evil:

Update: I have had conversations with various people at Diablo Subaru now. The general manager, the service manager, my salesman. All of them are treating this as if this is my fault that my car was scratched by them during the installation of the short throw shifter. The service manager even says that his technician swears up and down that he was very careful in removing the short throw shifter, and didn't scratch anything. If he didn't do it, it must have been the gremlins who came in and wiped grease on my car, and scratched up my console near the shifter.. :o I just want to reiterate, that in no point of this process do I feel like a customer. Do business with Diablo Mazda Subaru only if you like feeling as if you're at fault all the time.

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']tell SoA... or better yet, go right to the owner to the dealership...don't waste your time dealing with managers...[/quote] Most definatelty write a letter to SoA, the text in your original post would work.

Archived