LegacyGT.com

Must disable Anti-Theft alarm ASAP!!

1999 legacy 2.5GT

thing is acting up and went off on me in a walmart parking lot, took me like 3 mins to get it to stfu, but was worried i wouldnt be able to get it to chill out. Anyways since these systems are 100% useless (in a full parking lot not 1 person looked at me when it was going off, i could have been stealing the car for all they know) how can i disable it without any negative impacts?

Is your door locks, remote starter added onto it or is it just the stand alone?

on that, If you can live without those you can just unplug it from under your dash. if you just want to silence the alarm and keep the remote starter and door locks then just go under the hood and clip the wires going into the siren. (bell shaped thing on the firewall on the passenger side) Your lights will still flash though.

Then again it may disable the car unplugging the connector. (I really don't know 100%)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm or add to this.

Is your door locks, remote starter added onto it or is it just the stand alone?

on that, If you can live without those you can just unplug it from under your dash. if you just want to silence the alarm and keep the remote starter and door locks then just go under the hood and clip the wires going into the siren. (bell shaped thing on the firewall on the passenger side) Your lights will still flash though.

Then again it may disable the car unplugging the connector. (I really don't know 100%)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm or add to this.

when i bought the car, it was missing the keyless entry controller. And i do not have a remote car starter.

• 2 weeks later...
look for your year and model here and read up:

i think yours is the same as the 00 - 0? models.

if so you are looking for the info to put it in VALET mode, this equals alarm off.

Subaru Keyless Entry, Security Alarm, Immobilizer Key, Remote Start Systems. Most years and models

I looked it up and all it says is to use the key fob to put the car in "valet mode" i dont have a key fob and even if i did i wouldnt want to do this. I just want to 100% disable the alarm. Can someone please help as i am unable to lock my car at the moment.

You dont need the key fob. Key on engine off then push the valet button to bypass the alarm.

As far as unlocking your car, use your keys?

99 - 04 alarms are different than 95 - 98 alarms.

I just want to 100% disable the alarm.
the easy answer is to reach up under the dash left side near the fire wall?, and unplug the wire connectors to the remote entry / alarm unit.

mine is black, it has several multi-pin connectors one one side and a single wire hanging out of the end with no connector going no where, the antenna.

but if you do this your electric locks will probably be different.

the driver door may not lock electrically.

the easy answer is to reach up under the dash left side near the fire wall?, and unplug the wire connectors to the remote entry / alarm unit.

mine is black, it has several multi-pin connectors one one side and a single wire hanging out of the end with no connector going no where, the antenna.

but if you do this your electric locks will probably be different.

the driver door may not lock electrically.

Ok ill give it a try. Subaru has the worst alarm system ive ever heard of. You cant even unlock your own car with your own key without the alarm going off its ******* stupid. After all these years i just would have that someone else would have written a guide in how to disable it while still having everything else in the car work, but i searched up and down to no avail.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but you need to use the alarm programming button under the dash. It's a little tiny black button under the dash on the left side. It's about the size of a pencil eraser and is in a little shroud about as big around as a dime. It's impossible to find by feel so get down there with your flashlight to locate it. With the key in the ON position, press and hold the programming button for 15 seconds. The door locks will cycle 3 times to confirm that the alarm system has been overridden.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but you need to use the alarm programming button under the dash.
99+ alpine systems do not have that button.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html

I've got a remote if you need it. I sent you a PM.

this really would be the best solution.

buy a remote that looks like the one in the linked page and then you are good.

yes it will cost you a few bucks, but it will solve the problem.

and if you are really dead set on not having a remote, you can always sell it after you put the alarm in ''valet'' mode.

99+ alpine systems do not have that button.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html

this really would be the best solution.

buy a remote that looks like the one in the linked page and then you are good.

yes it will cost you a few bucks, but it will solve the problem.

and if you are really dead set on not having a remote, you can always sell it after you put the alarm in ''valet'' mode.

Ah okay, the cars 101 page said that the "Code Alarm" system was used in 1999 legacies. Maybe it was a transitional year

Edit: checked the page again. At the top of the page it says code alarm was until 98 but when you click on it, it says it was used until 99. Who knows lol

Ah okay, the cars 101 page said that the "Code Alarm" system was used in 1999 legacies. Maybe it was a transitional year

Edit: checked the page again. At the top of the page it says code alarm was until 98 but when you click on it, it says it was used until 99. Who knows lol

There was a new system installed in all 99 Legacy's. The remotes are entirely different. As is the control system.

Ah okay, the cars 101 page said that the "Code Alarm" system was used in 1999 legacies.

the 99 impreza still used the ''code alarm''.

the legacys and the outbacks started using the alpine alarm in 99.

i don't often pay attention to the forester info.

Archived