LegacyGT.com

looking for ideas

If you are running a stock setup, you should stick with the stock intake and stock bypass valve.

If you change the intake, you need to get it tuned as an after market intake will make the car run lean.

If you change the bypass valve (blow off valve), you will need a tune. The ECU is expecting the air released when it blows off to end up back in the intake. If it's not there, you can have engine problems. (killing or stuttering during shifts)

If you plan on getting a tune, I would go with either the AEM intake or Cobb intake. Forge bypass valve seems also to be one of the better ones out there too, but others have their favorites.

What is your intent for installing these two items?

Don't mind him ^ , he's a know it all.

You should keep the stock intake and BOV until your making big HP. I'm talking 350whp or more.

Read around here, you'll learn a lot.

OH, About that, know it all. He really does, you'll find out.

He tends to use things he has laying around the house....read you'll find out.

See this, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-subaru-beat-buick-heart-140053p32.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you are running a stock setup, you should stick with the stock intake and stock bypass valve.

If you change the intake, you need to get it tuned as an after market intake will make the car run lean.

If you change the bypass valve (blow off valve), you will need a tune. The ECU is expecting the air released when it blows off to end up back in the intake. If it's not there, you can have engine problems. (killing or stuttering during shifts)

If you plan on getting a tune, I would go with either the AEM intake or Cobb intake. Forge bypass valve seems also to be one of the better ones out there too, but others have their favorites.

What is your intent for installing these two items?

well knowing that i might not even touch it haha....it was just minor things i wanted to do

Archived