LegacyGT.com

I need a 2010 LGT for test to build a FMIC

OGHK87Jay

Hi I am looking for a 2010 LGT in the area for test fitting to build a mach up of the fmic. You must leave the car with us for at least 4-5 days. Preferably you leave it on Friday and you get the car back on Monday or Tuesday. The FMIC will be made so that minimal modifications will be needed to fit on the car. No modification to the bumper beam

-Jason

Time for you to trade in your LGT for a 5th gen Jay.

I hope you are planning to do more than a "test fit" on performance parts. Test fitting alone ends up with pressure drops and other things that have been experienced with some parts. If you don't tune and romp on it and at least do some R&D you are just selling a box of parts with a "best of luck".

"Minimal modifications to the car": you are going to modify someones car to make it fit? Get the car back on Monday or Tuesday reflashed to before or tuned with the FMIC in it that you need to send off to get copied?

Don't give up hope but established vendors have more luck with these threads - they have insurance and a variety of other things that would protect the lender that you do not have.

Max it's not me who is designing it I wish but it's for CXRacing, the owner approached me when I was getting my exhaust fixed at Rene's he asked me if I wanted to mach up a FMIC on my car and I let him. Then he asked me if any 2010/2011 was interested in it. Well its going to sit below the bumper beam. For mine only a little plastic on the tray got cut off.

I like my 4th gen. That will never be traded in but I would be looking at getting a new acura tl sh-awd later or a 2015 lotus elise later along the line

What does the person dropping their car off get in return? It doesn't sound very enticing to me to just drop my car off for 4-5 days to let someone tear apart and then just get it back... Usually someone in that situation is made a hell of deal on the FMIC or part being fabricated...

Those guys are good people, very talented and skilled but don't have a whole lot of capital. I can understand why they are pressed for money and feel they cannot give away a while lot. They don't have a lot to give when they are trying to get new products out.

I love Renee's shop. Its my kind of dirty racecar land.

Those guys are good people, very talented and skilled but don't have a whole lot of capital. I can understand why they are pressed for money and feel they cannot give away a while lot. They don't have a lot to give when they are trying to get new products out.

I love Renee's shop. Its my kind of dirty racecar land.

Good people? My friend designed an intercooler kit for Kevin at CXRacing and paid him "royalties" on two kits, then stole the design and his pictures and used them for himself.

Oh I did not know that. That's horrible. But I am just a college student trying to make some money for school so yeah... Well I myself am not trying to shaft anyone. So please don't fillet me for trying to work with them.

The cost of renting a car for 4~5 days + the inconvenience + $300 labor is not worth it especially when I can install it myself. And since I'm not looking to rebuild or get a big turbo for my 5th gen, it makes more sense getting the aftermarket TMIC (coming out soon) for much less.

For an experienced shop, you can definitely do the measurements in one day, spend another day bolting everything up and check for adjustments/modifications, then another day for final fitment and leak test. It can be done within 1~2 weekends without the need for the owner to leave the car. Asking for 4-5 consecutive days makes it way too inconvenient.

Leave the car for 4-5 days and you still have to pay $300? Their fmic kit for the wrx only costs $289! Butcher my car for a week and all I get is a free install. This is not even a deal, it's a lose-lose.

Also cheap intercooler cores don't have good fin density and thus don't really perform as well as they should. Looking at reviews, their stuff seems to have fitment issues as week. You get what you pay for.

I'd wait for the racerx tmic.

Archived