lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still have yet to make a decision. It is too bad that that Eibach no longer makes a solution. I had the Eibach Prokit setup on my VW Passat a few years back and it was absolutely perfect for a daily driver. 1 inch drop and a great ride to boot.

You can wait around for some Epics or Eibachs to appear in the classifieds. It happens occasionally, though someone usually hits up the seller within 4-5 minutes so its hard to be first in line. I haven't tried Tein's, the H-techs on paper look very similar to the Eibachs/Epics, however I've had more than a few people tell me the H&R's are superior to them and that the H-techs tend to have a larger drop than advertised, thus not a big difference than the H&R's in drop.

I was looking at the H-Techs due to minimal drop and spring rates, but I started thinking, they must be $180 for a reason. I've got H&R's on a WRX and like them so I went with those. I don't know if this helps at all, but just some input

Edited by lccl

You can wait around for some Epics or Eibachs to appear in the classifieds. It happens occasionally, though someone usually hits up the seller within 4-5 minutes so its hard to be first in line. I haven't tried Tein's, the H-techs on paper look very similar to the Eibachs/Epics, however I've had more than a few people tell me the H&R's are superior to them and that the H-techs tend to have a larger drop than advertised, thus not a big difference than the H&R's in drop.

I was looking at the H-Techs due to minimal drop and spring rates, but I started thinking, they must be $180 for a reason. I've got H&R's on a WRX and like them so I went with those. I don't know if this helps at all, but just some input

What dampers are you using with the H&Rs?

• 1 month later...
is anybody actually happy with Koni and H-tech's for a daily driver? or can anybody comment on having Koni/H-tech combo on their car and wish to PM me with their opinion? Thanks.

I'm very happy with that set up.

I have a stock struts with Tein H spring and it was great until recently. My left rear is beginning to rub..Anyone one have any idea what could be it? Struts or spring that's causing?

I like the H spring because it not to low and the handling is great. If the strut is blown, I would consider going Koni with H spring,

Thanks

I had rubbing issues up front when I had Swift springs on stock struts. Rare to hear of anyone having rubbing issues out the back.

Depends on tire size, wheel off set, and fender mods. Rubbing is most common on the rear fenders. I have aftermarket wheels and 235-40-18 bfg comp 2's and I had to roll my fenders without even lowering it. Going to have to camber rears to fit once I lower it. Hope they fit.

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

I have Enkei 18 with 225/40 with no fender roll. It's sag sometime..it's weird, this morning it wasn't sagging at all, it was at normal height. When I got to work it was rubbing again. I can't figured it out what causing this. I checked the spring it seem fine..could it be the strut?

I have Enkei 18 with 225/40 with no fender roll. It's sag sometime..it's weird, this morning it wasn't sagging at all, it was at normal height. When I got to work it was rubbing again. I can't figured it out what causing this. I checked the spring it seem fine..could it be the strut?

Check the strut for leaks. Did you install yourself? Check bolts make sure everything is tight. Have you got alignment checked?

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

ROTA G-Forces in hyper black

fronts needed a mild roll and rears rolled flat and shaved the parts where the fenders meet the bumber and rear door.

-1.7 fronts

-1.3 rears

ebay 06-07 front lip and Homedepot garage door sideskit extentions (going to pull them and fiber glass then perfectly straight adn soild)

shots of the poke

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7272/7415937142_5616dbf913_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5118/7415930894_db15b86b89_b.jpg

more shots here

Ryan Venzon

Love the S-techs but want to go lower. Coils next year probally.

This is pretty much where I'd like to be next summer.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been running Tein S springs on Bilstein HDs for 4.5 years. A had several alignments done to get the car to track straight. The negative camber is gnarly and as a result i blow through tires 18-20k. All of my driving is highway in Houston with no elevation change and I find that I rarely push the suspension. I'm considering putting the stock struts/springs back on because I can't take the harsh ride of the Tein S springs. After reading a good bit of this thread, I can't find what I want which is 1/2-3/4" drop and the best ride I can get. It seems like lots of springs have been discontinued that would have been an option. That left me with Tein H springs but now I'm reading that they aren't good. Can anyone offer an option that will give me minimal drop, great ride and fix my camber problem?

I have a wagon. Will the pinks make rear sag? The pinks are climbing into Bilstein HD price range. I don't know how I talked myself out of coilovers 4.5 years ago.

Because unless you spend $2500 or more on coil overs the pinks and HD combo will be an all around better setup.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight