LegacyGT.com

East Coast Subaru Shootout

redlegacygt

i did a few searches, but couldnt find anything about it on here, so i figured i'd post it. Im sure most have heard about it on nasioc though, but just in case, here it is:

Guys,

Just wanted to get some info out there for those of you who are going to be attending the 5th Annual East Coast Subaru Shootout this year presented by W&L Subaru( www.wandlsubaru.com ). Two big changes. First, it will be held at Numidia Dragway in central PA this year( www.numidiadragway.net ), not Beaversprings as in years past. Secondly, the actual Shootout will be held on a Sunday. Here is some of the basic info but keep in mind, little details are still being ironed out so info will be updated as needed.

What: The East Coast Subaru Shootout. The country's largest All-Subaru drag racing event, presented by W&L Subaru.

Where: Numidia Dragway in Numidia, PA

When: Sunday September 17th from 10am-4pm

Who: Anyone who enjoys drag racing and/or high-powered Subarus, but only Subaru's will be permitted to race.

How Much: $45(includes race fee and any spectators that come along with you). Spectators alone not coming with anyone racing will have a $7.00 entry fee.

Classes:

WRX Stock Turbo 2.0- 2002 through 2005 WRXs. Anything goes but must have the stock unmodified turbo and no nitrous and a 2.0. The car must also retain AWD $200 1st place, $100 2nd place

2.5 Stock Turbo- All factory turbo Legacy GTs. Forester XTs and 2006+ WRXs. Anything goes but must have the stock unmodified turbo and no nitrous and a 2.5. The car must also retain AWD. $200 1st place, $100 2nd place

STi Stock Turbo- Same as above $200 1st place, $100 2nd place

Street Unlimited- Anything goes but must retain AWD. $600 1st place $200 2nd place

*Note* Motor swaps into a different chassis(such as an STi motor into a 93-01 Impreza), will be placed in Street Unlimited regardless of whether it uses the stock turbo.

The racing will most likely be a "Quick 8" format, no plans for bracket racing as of right now. The first few hours will be open time shots, anyone can run as many times as you want, then the eliminations will begin.

What else is going on?

Saturday afternoon/evening we will have a welcome reception at the brand new Quaker Steak and Lube Restaurant ( www.quakersteakandlube.com ) at the Buckhorn Plaza right outside of Bloomsburg, PA directly off Interstate 80(also only about 10 minutes from the track). There will be wings for everyone and plenty of other fantastic food and beverages to choose from.

Julie Stepan and the Easy Street Motorsports crew will be on hand with at least Julie's car and possibly Ali's as well.( www.esxmotorsports.com )

The Subaru-sponsored ICY road racing team will also be in attendance with a few of their cars for their first drag racing event. (www.icyracing.com )

Garrick Goh, Performance Parts Project Engineering Manager for SPT( Subaru Performance Tuning) will also be on hand to chat with all the Subaru owners, answer questions, and take in some hi-powered Subaru racing action.

There will also be a Subaru Only car show in the parking lot of Quaker Steak, where everyone there will get to vote on the best looking Subaru. Cost is free and winner will receive a trophy.

Where to stay?

Now, when you call to book, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST SAY IT IS FOR THE W&L SUBARU SHOOTOUT TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT. I do not want anyone missing out on the discount.

Holiday Inn Express (570-387-6702) $85 plus tax....that's a 15 % discount (better than AAA or any other discount)

The Brand New Holiday Inn Express features indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, complimentary breakfast bar, free high speed wireless internet access, guest laundry & gameroom, 27-inch flat screen TVs with free cable and HBO, guest room voicemail, free local calls, business center with computer and fax/scanner/printer, free coffee, irons & ironing boards, and more.

The Holiday Inn Express is located about 300 yards from the Quaker Steak and Lube Restaurant.

Econo Lodge (570-387-0490) $72.90 plus tax...that's a 10 % discount.

The Econo Lodge, with its newly renovated guest rooms, is pet-friendly and features a complimentary continental breakfast, free cable TV with Showtime, interior corridors, free internet access, free coffee, irons & ironing boards, and more.

Econo Lodge is directly next to the Quaker Steak Restaurant

Sunday:

After the Shootout, everyone will be invited back to the Quaker Steak and Lube Restaurant for the awards presentation, food, and a chance to win a new 2007 WRX limited Sedan.

Also, and this is very important:

Due to the high number of emails we've been getting, we are asking anyone and everyone who is even planning on coming, to contact Tyane Sampson, the event cooridinator, ASAP so some kind of head count can be kept track of. Since we will be having food and having parts of the restaurant to ourselves, IT IS ABSOLUTELY VITAL TO LET HER KNOW YOU(AND HOW MANY GUESTS), WILL BE ATTENDING SO WE CAN SET UP PROPERLY. She will then send you a complete information packet including a pre-registration form(you do not have to pay at the time of sending this back), weekend itinerary, and other info.We hope to get a pre-registration form up on our website to make it easy for you guys, but for now, contact Tayne via email or phone and let her know you will be attending. It will take all of 1 minute out of your day http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Tayne Sampson

tayne@ptd.net

or call toll free 877-995-7822

Again, a lot of details are still being worked out but I just wanted to get the basics out there for anyone who plans on coming. With the way guys have been tuning their Imprezas in the last year, I have no doubt we will see some of the quickest and fastest Subarus ever.

Also posted by Tayne:Hope you are all getting tuned for the big weekend….

There here is lot’s of information all your questions should be answered by the time you are done reading it. If not please feel free to call me. If you have pre-registered with me you will also receive the info in the mail along with coupons.

RACERS- If you are one of the first 50 to register there will be a coupon in packet you will receive for you to claim you FREE T-Shirt. How do you do this? At the check in and bring the coupon with you.

All Racers must check in at the check in posted at Quaker Steak & Lube when you arrive. There will be someone to check you in Saturday from 1:00pm to 6:00pm. If you are not coming in till race day there will be a check in set up at the track from 9:00 to 10:00 only on Sunday. At this time you will be assigned a number and your fee of

$ 45.00 should be paid. The number is very important for the weekend this is for door prizes that will be drawn throughout the weekend festivities. You will also receive a wristband this is to be put on immediately and worn all weekend this will help to identify you as a participant of the Shoot Out Event. If you do not have your wristband you will have to pay $ 7.00 to get into the track and you will not be able to partake in the food available at “The Lube”.

SPECTATORS – You will also receive a wrist band. If you have pre-registered I have will send your wristbands, please make sure you have them on when you arrive. This will get you into all the festivities. If you do not have your wristband you will have to pay $ 7.00 to get into the track and you will not be able to partake in the food available at “The Lube”.

30% OFF- You will have a coupon for performance parts; you may begin to order parts starting August 15th. If you would like these parts prior to the weekend of the shootout they must be paid for or we can bring them with us and you may pick them up then and pay for them. Parts will be for sale on Saturday Sept. 16th from 1:00 pm to

6:00 pm Sunday at “The Lube” during the closing reception. If you are interested in a certain part it would help us if you pre-order that way we will be sure to have it in stock. If you have any question regarding parts please call Tayne or Clif at W & L toll free 1-877-995-7822

NUMIDIA WAIVER- Everyone that enters the track will be required to sign a waiver form. Racers & Spectators. Helmets and seatbelts must be worn by all racers. Vehicles will be “tech in” when you arrive if you are racing.

I think you will all be surprised at all the things that are going to be taking place and the goodies your going to get. Please help us make this a huge success. If you know of anyone that is planning on coming and has not contacted me please stress the importance of this I need to know. Even if they are not racing. Please call me or drop me an email at tayne@ptd.net toll free 1-877-995-7822 if you have any questions. We here at W & L hope you all have a great time…

Just got word from Matt that the guy that was on the cover of Super Street Magazine with the Blue STi is going to be there. Many more details keep coming in everyday.

Sincerely,

Tayne, Matt, Brian & Andy

W & L Subaru Motorsports Division

ITINERARY(subject to change)

For those of you arriving on Friday here’s what happing at the lube 9/15/2006

4:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Bloomsburg, PA

-PARTY ON THE PATIO (Wx-permitting)! Wear Beach Gear and you could score cool LUBE Stuff, and MORE! HAPPY HOUR: 4p - 6p! Margarita Madness...just $2.50, 15 Flavors! BUD LIGHT BOTTLES...just $2.50! "LUBE TUBES" for $10.99! 1/2 off "O"(nion)-Ring "Ontennas", Premium Pretzels and LUBE Chips! PLUS...TONITE, it's NO BULL ENTERTAIMENT (9p-1a) Featuring "DJ TED!" Party 'till late in the evening and request your favorites all night long!

Saturday September 16, 2006 –

Car show will begin anytime after 1:00pm to? You may start gathering in the parking lot of “The Lube”.

Easy Street will be arriving in the morning and setting up, however none of the team will be there until 1:00pm.

Icy/Phoenix Team will be there around 2:00pm.

W & L Subaru will be there and set up at 1:00pm.

There will be much more available to mention happing in the parking lot.

At 6:00pm to ? everyone is welcome to attend the reception inside “The Lube”. There will be refreshments available to all Shootout Attendees, this is were the wrist band comes in. There will be welcoming comments from W & L. Then feel free to feast, drink, and be merry. Saturdays ROCK at The LUBE! ENJOY $1.99 MOLSON Pints...$2.50 "Tall" MOLSONS...& $11.99 MOLSON Lube Tubes! AND...tonite, PLUM CRAZY is LIVE at The LUBE playing Classic Rock favorites like none other from 9p-1a!

Sunday September 17, 2006

It’s off to the race….

Numidia Dragway

10 Dragstrip Road

Numidia, PA 17858

Track opens at 9:00am

First run at 10:00am Last run at 4:00pm

Then it’s back to “The Lube” for more food and awards ceremony. Immediately following the last run. Easy Street will be coming back to “The Lube” with us.

WRX Give-A-Way

MORE Give-A-Ways

Also, they are raffeling off an 07 WRX... this should be a huge event

^^^^ No there isnt an N/A class, but there are still N/A's running .I believe they're just putting us in the street unlimited class, but we can just run against each other for fun. THey also said there will be time for us to just take a few passes inbetween classes.. Should be fun, especialy if they get greenlight for the autocross course there too...

jeez, and i have to work that saturday and sunday. my cabin is 15mins from there :( damnit

And THAT is why they made sick days!!!:icon_wink I feel a little ill already.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

New clutch is getting installed Monday. Just registered for this today. I plan on bringing lots of dry ice to this, so if anyone wants me to bring some for them, pm me to let me know....it does work, and does improve your times.

It's time for the

W&L Subaru Shootout !!!

GET READY TO START YOUR ENGINES!!

Drag race your Subaru!

Chance to win a steel gray 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited!!!

30% discount on Subaru Performance Parts!

What is The Shootout?

The W&L Subaru Shootout is a fantastic racing event where Subaru performance enthusiasts can come and drag race their Subarus.

Where is The Shootout?

Numidia Dragway

How Much is The Shootout?

$45 for racing participants

$7 for spectators

Spectators who arrive with a participant get in free.

When is The Shootout?

(times subject to change)

Welcome ReceptionQuaker Steak and Lube Restaurant, Bloomsburg, PASaturday September 16, 2006 (time to be announced)Race DayNumidia DragwaySunday, September 17, 2006 (10am - 4pm)Closing CeremonyQuaker Steak and Lube Restaurant, Bloomsburg, PASunday, September 17, 2006 (5pm)Note: You must PRE-REGISTER to participate. To pre-register, send your name, address, phone number, and email address to tayne@ptd.net. Who's going to be at The Shootout?

Easy Street Motorsports - Come meet Julie Stepans, Easy Street's female driver.

Garrick Goh, the Project Manager for Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) will be on hand to answer any performance questions you may have.

ICY Racing/Phoenix Performance Team

Hotels

Two hotels off the Rt 80 Buckhorn exit are offering discounted prices for the Shootout. When booking your reservation, just say you are booking for the W&L Subaru Shootout, and you will receive the discount.

Holiday Inn Express

Discounted Price: $85

570-387-6702

Econo Lodge

Discounted Price: $72.90

570-387-0490

Racing Classifications

Street Unlimited

All Subaru?s with different or modified turbochargers, nitrous, motor swap into a different chassis (such as STi motor into a 1993-2001 Impreza), more displacement then stock, etc. AWD must be retained!

1st Place - $ 600 & 2nd Place - $ 200

Stock Turbo 2.0

All 2002-2005 WRX?s with the stock unmodified turbocharger and a 2.0 motor. Anything goes as long as the car still retains AWD. Nitrous is NOT allowed.

Stock Turbo 2.5 (except STi)

All 2006 and 2007 WRX?s, Forester XT?s, and Legacy GT?s with the stock unmodified turbocharger and a 2.5 motor. Anything goes as long as the car still retains AWD. Nitrous is NOT allowed.

STi Stock Turbo

All WRX Sti?s with stock unmodified turbocharger and a 2.5 motor. Anything goes as long as car still retains AWD. Nitrous is NOT allowed.

The prizes for the last three classifications are:

1st place $200, 2nd place $100

We are going to have a lot for you this year. To make sure you get all the information, please email your interest to Tayne (tayne@ptd.net) or call Tayne toll free at 1-877-995-7822. Please include name, address and phone number.

</B>

http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/assets/design/designs/Subaru_Alcyone/sky/images/spacer.gifhttp://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/repository/export/952/0f9e84c26100485040003ba76d6c7/9520f9e84c26100485040003ba76d6c7_265x0.jpg

I noticed some of you are arriving Sunday. If you have not contacted Tayne please do so ASAP. I need the following info. Name, Address, Year/Make and what class you are racing in and HOW MANY PEOPLE are coming with you. This will help cut down on the paperwork on Sunday morning. You may email this info to tayne@ptd.net ASAP !!!!!!http://www.iwsti.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived