LegacyGT.com

avo or whiteline type design of reinforcement bracket?

kaitanium

does anyone have opinions on either of these designs for the sway bar mount? pros and cons? whitelines are cheaper but unsure if there is any up and down motion in the car that would render it ineffective that way. avo seems it like it would be weaker side to side (and any other bracket design like avo's).

I have a cobb reinforcement bracket. It's been solid thru a wide variety of abuses (very fast track days, and some hard offs). The reinforcement bracket is to strengthen the stock unit which is good enough for normal use. Adding a thicker bar is why you the extra bracket. Either one will be fine.

I have the Perrin RSB supports and to be honest, I wish I had seen the AVO before I purchased them. Don't get me wrong, they have been fine through many track days and 25mm RSB with Perrin heim joint end links, but I really think that the AVO design is a stronger idea.

I've not seen the Whiteline RSB mounts. Can you post a link or a photo?

Thanks

heres the WL one, not sure if it fits legacys

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KBR15

the perrin and cobb ones seem like similar design to each other.

id like to see the progress ones. from what i can see on google images it seems to be relatively the same shape and design to the avo. i also think this design is stronger. i have no science to base my logic on though.

but for me im never going to track my car. just would like it to handle better around turns.

Based on the photo of the Whitelines, I don't believe they are for the LGT. I would say that the AVO is about your only choice any more. Perrin does not make theirs anymore and the Progress has been N/A for a while too. I would see if I can find the AVO's if I were you.

Good luck on this. I know a lot of people have been wanting to buy them.

EDIT: I had not looked at them before but the Cobb is pretty much the same as the Perrin. Unfortunately, I don't think you can get them anymore either.

Based on the photo of the Whitelines, I don't believe they are for the LGT. I would say that the AVO is about your only choice any more. Perrin does not make theirs anymore and the Progress has been N/A for a while too. I would see if I can find the AVO's if I were you.

Good luck on this. I know a lot of people have been wanting to buy them.

EDIT: I had not looked at them before but the Cobb is pretty much the same as the Perrin. Unfortunately, I don't think you can get them anymore either.

Cobb has stopped selling theirs by the time I bought mine used. I got a nicely upgraded set (energy bushings, reinforcement bracket, avo solid endlinks, etc). I upgraded the bolts to black coated grade 8.

Archived