LegacyGT.com

someone broke my poor LGT wagon's back window

that sucks, GL with the insurance company

nothing stolen either means: 1)Accidental Smashing, person ran away; 2)Someone who knows its your car and doesnt like you smashed it; or 3)Victim of random drunk smashing.

that really does seem to be a cool thing these days. in a group of friends "hey watch me break other peoples sh*t its hilarious!" ....stupid people.

Depending on where you are located it may also be a completely innocent accident - like a rock stuck between the tires on a truck that suddenly got a flight or that it was built-in tensions in the glass that made it crack.

Seems I have heard a couple of people on hear have had there rear window shatter and it was thought to be "built in tension:confused:

Many years ago my dad had the back/side windows of his station wagon smashed out. Someone knocked on our door at 6am while I was getting ready for work and told me about it. Apparently it was some group of morons who had smashed out the windows of several cars parked on the same street.

Depending on where you are located it may also be a completely innocent accident - like a rock stuck between the tires on a truck that suddenly got a flight or that it was built-in tensions in the glass that made it crack.

It was a 2' rock, probably like 5 to 10 pounds.

Seems I have heard a couple of people on hear have had there rear window shatter and it was thought to be "built in tension:confused:

it actually happens more often than you think. I've been standing next to a car when it happened, it's really weird.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Suits the theory of a truck as well as a moron.

Or a combination of both.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but... You must have some pretty bada$$ trucks driving where you live if they can accidentally kick up a 2 foot rock! :eek:

Do you live close to the college campus? Could be some drunk idiots with nothing better to do with their time. Since nothing was stolen sounds like vandalism.

I have off-street parking with barbed wire and locked gate. Plus I have tint all around which is helps keep the windows intact if someone tries to break-in.

A plus for wagon as opposed to sedans are no vent-style windows. All the wagon windows are larger and much harder to break for thieves. I had 2 trucks broken into and radio/speakers stolen. Both times they busted the vent windows to get in.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but... You must have some pretty bada$$ trucks driving where you live if they can accidentally kick up a 2 foot rock! :eek:

That actually happens on trucks with tandem mounted tires:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/images/tandem.jpg

And when the rock is the right size to get stuck between the tires it will get launched at a horrible speed. Most rocks are either falling out right away or won't stick between the tires but now and then it happens.

I think you get the idea...

453747.png

That actually happens on trucks with tandem mounted tires:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/images/tandem.jpg

And when the rock is the right size to get stuck between the tires it will get launched at a horrible speed. Most rocks are either falling out right away or won't stick between the tires but now and then it happens.

I think you get the idea...

Yes, I get the idea. :eek:

I'm also thinking that a generally spherical rock that is 2' diameter will have a volume approximately 4 cubic feet. Most common types of rock/stone weigh about 150 Lb per cubic foot. That would mean a 2' rock would weight about 600lbs. I'd hate to be anywhere near a 600lb rock that is thrown high enough in the air to crash through a car window.

Archived