LegacyGT.com

Lights

I burnt out a headlight the other day. I'm driving out looking like a pirate. I use to have a bookmark for the correct replacement parts. What kind of lights do I need to replace for my DRL and Night lights?

Ok, I've got a Legacy thats burning the low beams out way to fast. I dont think this last one made it more than 1 month. Its american built imported to canada, so the day time running lights were wired in on the low beam side. Any you guys heard of this?

Ok, I've got a Legacy thats burning the low beams out way to fast. I dont think this last one made it more than 1 month. Its american built imported to canada, so the day time running lights were wired in on the low beam side. Any you guys heard of this?

That is on the high side of failure even for these cars.

The day time running lights coupled with the generally inferior H7 bulb design causes these cars to eat through lights often, but once a month is terrible. they used H7 due to their small size and engineered the headlight housing and projector accordingly, me thinks.

9006 and H4 are generally the best for longevity.

Are you changing out both sides each time? if you just replace the one burned out one with a new one and are leaving the older one in on the other side, you will have two different aged bulbs drawing different currents, as small as it may sound, it makes a difference.

if you keep blowing bulbs every month, you could have a current issue, which could be expensive to trace / repair. Much more expensive than a set of cheap-o bulbs from your local wal mart or something.

During drl mode the DS lamp is getting 10 Volts, PS 9.3. Lights on give DS 14V, PS 13.3. These bulbs are built to run of 12 volts, so when the voltage is dropped the light bulbs are drawing more current correct? Could this extra current be blowing the bulbs, or has anyone heard of an alternator spiking the voltage?

Archived