LegacyGT.com

First time messing with tune... Another set of eyes?

uncle humjaba

Hi all.

So I've loaded mikeyd's popular stage 1 tune onto my otherwise stock '05 Legacy GT MT. The log looks good to my inexperienced eyes - no knock, no dips or bumps in timing through pull. I don't have a wideband, so unfortunately I don't know what the AFR's are. But, this being my first time messing with tunes, I'd just like to get a second set of eyes on here to make sure I'm not missing something important. Thanks!

Cliffs-

Car - 05 Legacy GT MT

Mods - None

Map - Unaltered mikeyd stage 1 map

Environment - 62deg F, 93 octane, Clemson SC (elevation 725ft)

I've also attached the learning view, though I suspect that is useless as it was taken immediately after 3 WOT pulls (which were done immediately after the map was loaded). I'll check on it in a bit after some more regular driving.

romraiderlog_20130215_140038_post.csv

Learning View_A2WC522N_2013-02-15 14 17 37.csv

I checked it after about 15 miles of city/country driving tonight and the learning view was all 0's still. Is there anyone around with experience using nsfw's launch control / flat foot shift / speed density patch? I patched this map and loaded it in ecuflash, and it looks like it works but there were no default values. Is this normal?

you'll need to disable the EGT codes when the egt sensor is no more with the new uppipe. there's a few of them

I was just going to do the old resistor trick. I have access to a shelf full of different resistors. Ados how do you know how far to lean it out with no wideband? Just bringing it to the brink of knock and backing off a bit? I've been curious about doing that, if only for gas mileage's sake.

You have a vac/boost leak. Boost leak test it. Positive values means ecu is adding fuel to compensate for a leaner-than-expected AFR. In your D range the ecu has pulled fuel in open loop based on other calculations. Any changes you make or made are now being changed by the ecu in terms of open loop fueling. Fix the leaks then reevaluate wideband tuning or else you wont have a consistent AFR. Typically the safe range is 10.4-10.8 for tmic and 11 for a fmic. Its relative to your mods though

Archived