LegacyGT.com

i hate to be the bearer of bad news

rakapur

Its been REALLY slow at the dealership I work at, haven't been getting shipment of cars we were suppose to. Today i found out why:

Subaru has put a "Ship Stoppage" on Legacys, Outbacks, and Foresters. I don't know what is going on with it, our region rep doesn't know what is going on. I will pass along info when I get it. :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subaru is selling Outbacks and Foresters VERY well. They are not closing shop in North America - but as others suggested - a recall is brewing. Or they have supply chain problems with Japanese parts.

They have already adjusted to their perceived market demands by restricting the combination of engines and transmissions you can get in a particular car body - yet they continue to sell. In Chicago I cannot drive somewhere without seeing a 2010+ Outback and a 2009+ Forester for more than 1 minute.

I wonder if they aren't passing radiation tests?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Well the Legacy and OB come from Indiana so the real radiation threat would be the WRX and Forester. I imagine since Toyota just recalled 500K cars that has something to do with this.

Oh well fewer supply with the present demand equals more $$$ those bastards :lol:

Not entirely, no.

It's unlikely, but possible.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sometimes when that happens it is because a certain part is missing during assembly and they just wait for the part to arrive and then they do a massive job mounting that part.

Works fine if it's some simple part like dashboard trim and similar stuff - just continue to build cars but put them on a huge parking lot until they are complete.

453747.png

When I ordered my car in July, I was told that it would be a little bit longer than usual because the parts that came from Japan were delayed because of everything going on over there. Not sure if they were BS'ing me but thats what I was told.

correction, it is the new Impreza NOT the Forester

finally Subaru said something, still don't know what. Might be the CVT tranny but the Impreza uses a different CVT then the Outback and Legacy

Doubt it's transmission since it looks like it affects the model which would include the MT variants.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived