LegacyGT.com

brake squeal anomaly

I'm getting this strange screeching sound in what I would assume is coming from the brakes on the right side of the car. So far this noise has happened only when making a left turn, but this doesn't happen every time I turn, so far its only occasional. What happens is I'll make the turn and I'll get this pretty loud screeching sound similar to what screeching brakes sound like, it will go on even after I straighten out for about 10 seconds then disappear. I just changed out my front brake pads and rotors thinking that might fix it and I needed to anyway, but I have heard it again a couple times since. The thing is that I can't replicate the sound and it doesn't happen every time I make a left hand turn. I'm just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar or has some advice on tracking this down.

What I'm wondering is if it's the brakes squealing or the power steering pump. do you feel anything in the petal while braking? any hard steering? Even just when you get going, like little corners at low speed. and speed, does it happen at a certain speed, road condition.. like rain? I ask a lot of questions. :spin:

Steering feels fine I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary I also got an alignment recently. Brake petal feels normal. This has only happened at real low speeds like making a left turn at a stop light but again it doesn't happen every time its like once a day.

If you get a squeaky noise when turning kinda hard its probably fron the low pad indicator hitting the rotor. The pads can shift in the holders when turning hard and not braking. Also the rear backing plate or dust shields rust out and can hit the rotors. Just remove them is that's the case. I just did my rear brakes due to my car sitting for a month outside and the rotors rusted up and my brakes were making a grinding noise and a squeal noise turning hard turns. My wheel bearing are perfectly good and not loose at all.

Archived