LegacyGT.com

Has anyone here had anyone say "Why didn't you get a...

I'd have said to them... Well A4 is good... when it doesn't act up. :b G35x doesn't handle as good and the interior "feels" cheap. As for TL, is there an AWD one *now*? It snows in NY. They should understand once you show them your GT Ltd. :)

This Space For Rent

I'm not sure they'd get the first statement, but I'm sure they'd be on about your second gt_ltd. Most people I know acted like that, a few people still wonder why the heck I got another Subaru. Give them a little insight on the specs and they're still like oh, my Grand Prix is still faster and I don't know why you'd want a wagon (in the meantime they're trying to get the baby seat out of the back of that Grans Prix. :lol: )

I would say that ppl still dont really know much about Subaru World Wide. The Subaru has really taken off in so many ways but ppl still dismiss them. I have a lot of ppl say to me still, oh Subaru, but arnt they Jap? or did you buy a WRX, what the IKE is up with that????? So if I bought a WRX its different to buying a Subaru??? Yeah whateva, some ppl have no idea until u get them in the car and then they go WOW

Not the only reason why he's her ex-bf, but you hit it on the head with the asterisks. ;) At least that's my opinion. :D I agree, if you don't know, don't say it, especially something like that.

who cares what others think. especially if they have nothing to back up there opinion on why Xcar is better than YOUR choice. im glad ppl around me dont know wtf a legacy is, like they didnt know wtf a sentra specv was. now i just have to wait for a white base GT w/ less than 10 miles on the odo to appear in SoCal.

Audi A4 may impress people who know nothing about cars because of the badge however I don't really value the opinion of these people. The only audi I consider to compare to the Legacy GT is the Audi A4. In Australia they are over 2 times the price of the Legacy GT. As any one that knows there cars and the Subaru brand is well respected. They have won many industry awards. Wheels Magazine one of the major car magazines in Australia quoted "Liberty(Legacy) GT is quite possibly one of the best touring cars ever" "Here lies one of the truly great cars of this era" Wouldn't worry about your mate opinions. What cars do they drive any way? Regards John

[quote name='godwhomismike']Tonight I was out, and said that I was getting a '05 Legacy GT Limited to a few friends, and they're like "A Subaru?" "Did you look at the TL? TL's are amazing!" "Why not an A4?" "Did you look at the G35, G35's are hot!!!" :evil: :x :( WTF!!! Oh well.... - Mike[/quote] Oh my, I get the, "but you traded a SAAB for a Subaru?!?" -- I traded in my 2000 SAAB 9-5 SE for my GT Limited in Garnet Red. I'm in the marketing department of an OEM parts supplier to Honda, SIA, etc, and I entertained two from the Honda Marysville Plant (where the TL is built). I picked them up in my Legacy GT, and they were comparing it to the TL that they have as a pool car (and that they drove, and I checked out). They both, however, were like, "Subaru really have really done a great job on the interior" - and they were impressed Rob

Subarus are thinking man's car. Really. You gotta be "in the know" before appreciating it. Simple example. A friend of mine recently bought an 05 Altima and raved about it. Well after I showed him what a WRX is and the heritage of the Impreza, he went "Why didn't you tell me about this car?!" And yes, he's already complaining about some nicknacks with the altima and nissan's service.

It's nice having something unique on the road, knowing me, Franz and up to about 2 others have the same car within a 150,000 person metro area. It's sorta cool. They're new too, so that means something, but GT's in most forms are rather rare, like my old GT I sold, they are hard to come by. Wunderkind, you said it well, it's a thinking mans car. No wonder engineers and others who know how to tabulate up the value and want an all-in-one family + pleasure car with enough of a mix of both to make one happy get these cars. It's a practical enthusiast car. :)

Why did i purchase my Legacy GT? It adapts to every enviroment. I can step out of it in a business suit or a bathing suit. It will handle well in a street race or in a blizzard. Its classy and its got balls. It exceeds on both sides of the spectrum. And it is unique. I am yet to have seen one on the streets.

[quote name='crapy']as an A4 1.8T owner, i'm considering a GT to replace it.[/quote] I got rid of my '02 A4 1.8T to get the GT Limited Wagon. The subaru has softer suspension and more roll in the twisties, but is more comfortable to drive and much quicker. I got hosed on the resale but it still was worth it!

Oh those questions are easy. "Why didn't you get an A4?" "Sorry, I wanted something faster and a LOT more reliable" "Acura TL?" "Wrong wheel drive sucks" "G35x?" "The $5000 I saved is going toward my racing budget."

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've had some comments that might have bothered others- mostly about buying a station wagon. But bottom line is I don't really give a **** what people think. I bought the car to make me happy, not them- and it does :)

How in hell can Subaru be Korean? Especially since Paul Hogan owns the company! :D [quote name='SUBE555']Isn't Subaru from Australia or Korea or something? :roll: My sister's EX-bf owned an old 2WD Impreza and he told people it was made in Korea. :evil:[/quote]

I was considering a few of those cars when I was looking for a new car. But they were either to expensive and all didn't have the performance I wanted. I bought the legacy for the same reasons I bought the WRX, AWD and a Turbo, you can't beat that combo, especially for the price :) Subaru gives you the most for your money hands down. When I pass the A4/G35/TL's on the highway it just puts a smile on my face :)

Archived