LegacyGT.com

Windshield Wiper Mod.

Goodstuff

Hi.

I'm new here.

I've got a 2004 Subaru Legacy sedan and I want to do a few interior mods. Over the past 2 1/2 years i've gutted and totally redone the stereo and sound deadening. If you are on any other audio forums then you know me by goodstuff.

I searched but couldn't find any info about modding the windshield wiper switch. I'm looking to change out the stock 2 speed wiper switch for something out of an american car or something with more than speed setting options of either "off" or "Snapping off". The wipers drive me CRAZY in this car. Anyone with experience doing this I would love to hear about it. I'm no master installer with audio, but any questions with that stuff I will do my best to help or point you in the direction of someone who can.

Thanks.

Why not post up your stereo mods here, we'd love to see your work. Or link to the other places :)

As for the wiper switch - I'm guessing you need a new switch, wiper control module and new wiring. Sorry, I don't have any more info than that.

JDM Legacy (Mk4) has multi stage wiper speeds on stalk - maybe others do too - you might find one that would fit...

I was looking on ebay at other models with this same idea but didn't know which ones to look at. It seems the only way I will be able to do this would be something like you suggest.

JDM Legacy (Mk4) has multi stage wiper speeds on stalk - maybe others do too - you might find one that would fit...

Any suggestions where I could look to find something like that? I could tell you 15 places to find car audio stuff but i don't really have a clue on this, lol.

Why not post up your stereo mods here, we'd love to see your work. Or link to the other places :)

As for the wiper switch - I'm guessing you need a new switch, wiper control module and new wiring. Sorry, I don't have any more info than that.

I would link but my current build log is on a private car audio forum and doesn't exist anywhere else. I will put up a few finished pics when I get some time.

Goodstuff: what you need is the following part number: 83114AE110. It will provide intermittent wiper action. It is a simple change out. see the following thread for picts and instructions: http://www.northursalia.com/modifications/interior/wiper/wiper.html

You can also go into a u-pick/pull junkyard and look for the wiper control and pull it yourself. That's what I did........

cheers

Archived