LegacyGT.com

axle back wagon options?

canoeboy

My Spec B has stock exhaust, less the mufflers. I had deletes made with nice chrome tips. It sounds great, not to loud.

My wagon is a different beast, 21psi, catless DP. It was to loud with no mufflers.

Right now it has 2 or 3 thick washers between the flanges at the mufflers. But with that much pressure in the exhaust at WOT it's sounds like a big rush of air.

I'm currnetly thinking about getting two Magna Flow 12616 mufflers and some nice tips and have a shop weld them into the system. You can get the mufflers for $80.00 from Summit Racing.

I plan to stop by the exhaust shop, that made my deletes and see what they have to offer or what they think about those, 12616. Just need to find the time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

The "nameless performance" mufflers should bolt right up. http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2004-2009-legacy-gt-muffler-delete-axleback/

I picked up an extra midpipe and mufflers (stock) that I'm planning on doing something with after this winter. I'll wait until the salt season is over since my current exhaust is already good and rusted.

Will probably try out some sort of muffler delete and or adding aftermarket mufflers in like Max said above^^

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I don't understand what you are "oh dearing" to. The nameless ones are only $300, pretty good deal I would say.

There I took it back...:)

LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I think you missed my point. IMO $300 for some delete pipes with tips is crazy. $700 for the AVO mufflers is crazy as well. But, with the Avo's at least your getting mufflers between the flanges and the tips. If you ask me, neither is a good deal for what they are charging.

The "nameless performance" mufflers should bolt right up. http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2004-2009-legacy-gt-muffler-delete-axleback/

I picked up an extra midpipe and mufflers (stock) that I'm planning on doing something with after this winter. I'll wait until the salt season is over since my current exhaust is already good and rusted.

Will probably try out some sort of muffler delete and or adding aftermarket mufflers in like Max said above^^

Hmm, anyone out there use the nameless mufflers? might be a good option...

Edit: I guess I need to read more carefully. Not really looking for a muffler delete, just a slightly more aggressive sound as compared to stock

So, Friday I stopped by the mufler shop in Rockville CT on rt83, Carr's, is the name of the place, the owner went to school with my oldest sister.

$300. for two Magna Flow knock off's, the pipes, the flanges and tip's, a 5 year warranty, installed.

The owner wasn't there, but the person I spoke with Rob said "he understood I wanted the keep the boxer rumble, he heard the car when I drove in".

Archived