LegacyGT.com

quieting straight pipe exhaust

cklegacy2006

I have a 2006 Legacy 2.5 modified with straight pipes and cherry bomb.

I love being able to hear my car, but people in my back seat can't hear.

It would be nice to find something that would still allow me to hear the sound of my engine, but tone it down a bit. Any suggestions? Should I use silencers?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the idea, but wouldn't that be expensive? I'm thinking a noise reduction to the sound of around $200

Unfortunately you didn't buy a Honda, so parts won't be cheap. Your best bet is to save up for a CBE (there is an FMS in the FS section right now for 350) used and deal with the loud noise until then.

Unfortunately you didn't buy a Honda, so parts won't be cheap. Your best bet is to save up for a CBE (there is an FMS in the FS section right now for 350) used and deal with the loud noise until then.

Thanks, that is probably what I will end up doing. I'm just being cheap because I'm a student, some extra nights eating Ramen noodles won't kill me. would silencers even be an option? or sound good?

A universal-fit magnaflow muffler, or any other larger volume, straight through muffler will quiet it down more than the cherry bomb. If you put the magnaflow on in addition to the cherry bomb, it will be even quieter, but still considerably louder than the stock system.

Do you have the stock exhaust? IMO I would just put the stock exhaust back on and wait if the sound is really too loud for you to deal with.

Do you work? Maybe pick up a few extra shifts if you do and spend the minimum amount you can until you have ~ $500 - $600 to buy a true CBE.

OP, i got you:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nady-PMC-2X-Driver-to-Passenger-Motorcycle-Intercom/dp/B0002IOI9Y]Amazon.com: Nady PMC-2X Driver-to-Passenger Motorcycle Intercom: GPS & Navigation[/ame]

Do you have the stock exhaust? IMO I would just put the stock exhaust back on and wait if the sound is really too loud for you to deal with.

Do you work? Maybe pick up a few extra shifts if you do and spend the minimum amount you can until you have ~ $500 - $600 to buy a true CBE.

I do work. Just hoping to save some money for rent. What would you recommend for a deeper sounding CBE?

:lol:

I do work. Just hoping to save some money for rent. What would you recommend for a deeper sounding CBE?

Go here. Decide for your self. Everybody has their own preferences. I myself have the Magnaflow setup and think it is pretty good. I will most likely upgrade in the future though.

I have a 2006 Legacy 2.5 modified with straight pipes and cherry bomb.

I love being able to hear my car, but people in my back seat can't hear.

It would be nice to find something that would still allow me to hear the sound of my engine, but tone it down a bit. Any suggestions? Should I use silencers?

Why didn't you come to me first :lol::lol::rolleyes: You can remove the taming device from a NON-TURBO and expect to maintain sanity or coolness (in certain circles) First off look for better mufflers i suggest Thrush turbo muffler. Yes plain jane, fiberglass packed mufflers. Second you need a resonator i would go with a Vibrant Super Quiet or a MagnaFlow 5 inch round 18 inch long OR simply another muffler.

Ive ran every exhaust possible on a 2.5i let me know :eek::p;)

"Sound Quality" is not exactly how I would describe your exhaust... just sayin...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived