LegacyGT.com

high flow cats and CEL's

westy66

^ More than likely, no, you won't get the code.

But I thought you already have an AP? If so, the reflash will take care of the code.

Otherwise, it's impossible to tell, for sure, if you'll get the CEL or not. It's just a toss-up, and it can even vary from car-to-car. Anyone who tells you otherwise isn't being totally up-front, or hasn't seen enough data. Look through the past posts here (all four year's worth), and I promise you you'll find this variability.

If you do get the code, you can try backing-out the sensor. I think I've still got my old spacers around, somewhere, or else, I'm plenty happy to help you make new ones out of spark-plug anti-foulers/de-foulers. You can run those as a Band-Aid patch while you save up money for an AccessPORT or other chosen reflash.

Of-course, then you'd run the possibility of eliciting P2096 - which is why it may take a bit of "playing" with various lengths/configurations of anti-foulers before you trick the system just-right. ;)

But honestly, this is something that a reflash will take care of for you, outright.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

But honestly, this is something that a reflash will take care of for you, outright.

so i already flashed stage 1, but when i get a map for stage 2 it will already have the P0420 code blocked? if so, thats cool!!!

gotta love Ohio OBDII Emissions testing!

^ That should be the case.

Unfortunately, I'm not an AP user, so I can't put a 100% stamp on that, but I'm fairly certain that when you flash to Stage II, OTS, you'll block the P0420, outright. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I had that code before i got the AP, had catless dp and axel back with a basically a straight pipe what they call the "high flow cat". Now running the AP with stage 2 it hasnt come back in over 2 weeks, plus the website says it will remove them. Otherwise it will come back on if you dont use the AP

• 1 month later...

I have Cobb UP, Cobb Catted DP, AVO cans, stock midpipe and AP with an '06 GT. P0420 comes on but will be defeated when you flash the ECU with AP Stage II.

Funnily enough, I used to have a BPM UP (CRAP!!) which blew the f&*k up on me last summer and caused me all sorts of horrible electrical problems when it melted the bulkhead wiring harness ($$$$$$). (I'm thinking about posting a separate rant about this BPM POS, but I'm trying to restrain myself.) With the BPM UP, P0420 never came on (*cough* restrictive POS!!! *cough*). It was only after I fitted the much higher quality and less restrictive Cobb UP that the code started to flash.

Anyway, flash the ECU with AP Stage II and all is well.

Archived